cat vomit

campusman1

got a call from my cousin hes in florida told me his house got broken into by a cat i went over there. cat vomit through out the house i would say at least 25 small spots . dont know how long they have been there but good thing is nobody touched them any body got any good ideas do you think they will come up easy. scott

Rex Tyus

any body got any good ideas

Your favorite protein spotter for a start ( I like bridgepoint's).

do you think they will come up easy.

Too many variable to even guess.

Are you sure it is vomit? While certainly possible, 25 spots seems a little high for one cat to puke. If it is poo I would still start with the protein spotter.

John Watson

Cat vomit is normally hair balls mixed with their stomach fluids. Normally cleans up good. Not normally that many so I guess you don't have the normal job!!!

C

clean&fresh

I've had success with stain magic a and b let sit overnight. Craig Jasper recommends Stain Magic on organic stains. If trace left remove with red 1, wet towel and iron. No stain left. I charge extra to remove these type of spots(dye from cat food or other dyes). I charge at least 20.00 per spot.
Some trashed apartments do not care that much, so then neither do I.
Most do not mind paying for restoration, but find out before hand.
Nita

Name
Shawn Forsythe
I concur with Nita Ronyak's contribution to the thread. I used to have to resort to Stain Magic quite often for the vomit of my cats on my white carpet. That is until they had their diets forcibly changed to those foods devoid of the dyes so prevalent in most cat cuisine.

TimP

I have a cat that pukes all the time. Just wipe the bad boy up with a towel. I usually use just a neutral spotter like avenge or VDS. Now if the spot is redish from cat food you probably need to use something like stain magic or a red remover. It really is no big deal.

But like Rex said there are way too many variables as we don't know what the cat ate. Or even for that fact if the cat did puke, spray or deposit feces all over the room. Usually you can tell what it is when you get there.....run through your options of spot cleaning agents and work through it. It's about the only way to figure it out is to see what works and get some experience.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom