CDS 4.8 Clutch fixed, Now ? Blower....

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
So we replaced the clutch along with the bearings in housing and the short shaft. The main drive shaft ujoints are good and greased. Burnished clutch.
Now Here We Go.....
When machine is running with the throttle control disconnected (idle), the blower has a slight rumble sound. It seems to be real smooth when running at higher RPM (throttle control connected, Low speed). I never really noticed one way or the other how it sounded when it was new, so can't compare. I am thinking now that the van is drivable I should take it in for my distributor to inspect before running it hard. Blower oil has been changed more than required, and also greased. This being my first time around this repair I'm still a little nervous. With only 2800 hrs on blower, has anyone had bearings go bad in blower? Tuthill Blower.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
So we replaced the clutch along with the bearings in housing and the short shaft. The main drive shaft ujoints are good and greased. Burnished clutch.
Now Here We Go.....
When machine is running with the throttle control disconnected (idle), the blower has a slight rumble sound. It seems to be real smooth when running at higher RPM (throttle control connected, Low speed). I never really noticed one way or the other how it sounded when it was new, so can't compare. I am thinking now that the van is drivable I should take it in for my distributor to inspect before running it hard. Blower oil has been changed more than required, and also greased. This being my first time around this repair I'm still a little nervous. With only 2800 hrs on blower, has anyone had bearings go bad in blower? Tuthill Blower.
Lobe rub....clean with warm water only...
Run a min or two
Followed by a short burst of

Resized_20201221_094208.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Mike J

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom