CDS blower heat exchanger maintenance question

Dkane

Name
Daniel Kane
Hey guys (and potentially girls). I’ve had my CDS 4.8 for about three years and noticed a bunch of grease leaking out the bottom of my blower heat exchanger. I peeked inside the inlet hose and it’s quite dirty with a lot of hair built up in there. I’m going to take it apart this weekend and clean it. Just have two questions.
1) How can I get all that hair out? It looks like it’s stuffed in between the radiator like fins pretty bad.
2) What is a cheap, readily available degreaser I can use to get rid of all the grease? I watched the Hydramaster tutorial on how to do it. They suggested their own product Hydra Solve which I guess is a tile and grout degreaser. I don’t have any of that on hand and would like to use something I can get from the hardware store or something I can get in a couple days from Amazon. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I’ve never done this before so any tips on how to make the job easier would be nice, too. Thanks in advance.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Hey guys (and potentially girls). I’ve had my CDS 4.8 for about three years and noticed a bunch of grease leaking out the bottom of my blower heat exchanger. I peeked inside the inlet hose and it’s quite dirty with a lot of hair built up in there. I’m going to take it apart this weekend and clean it. Just have two questions.
1) How can I get all that hair out? It looks like it’s stuffed in between the radiator like fins pretty bad.
2) What is a cheap, readily available degreaser I can use to get rid of all the grease? I watched the Hydramaster tutorial on how to do it. They suggested their own product Hydra Solve which I guess is a tile and grout degreaser. I don’t have any of that on hand and would like to use something I can get from the hardware store or something I can get in a couple days from Amazon. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. I’ve never done this before so any tips on how to make the job easier would be nice, too. Thanks in advance.
Check the ads sheet on the hydrasolve. You may find that it contains some type of solvent. Check percentage. You may be able to duplicate somewhat by adding mineral spirits to a degreaser. Will need to shake well and often to keep it in solution. Maybe check with Hydramaster first to see if there is something specific to stay away from

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Harbor freight degreaser might be helpful.
Gentle yet strong. Non-corrosive.
The yellow jug $10.

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
this is what ive seen most guys do in my area is pull it and take it to a radiator shop comes out pretty

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom