CDS ...My First Breakdown on the job!

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
HARPER said:
Jim is spot on...with his assessment...

Now that you have the proper fluid level...the stat...should function properly...

I noticed in a previous post...you said you were moving the interior thermostat
control to the HOT position...DON'T do that..!!!...This will delay the stat from
opening @ the proper time..! Plus you are robbing HEAT from your unit...!!!

I truly hope your problem is SOLVED...!!!!
If you continue to loose fluid..? The next area to look for is a "sucked" head gasket or "cracked" head.... :shock:

PTO units are famous for cracking heads...due to the LACK of air movement while operating.
You can only over-heat them ...so many times... :cry:
I sure hope that won't happen any time soon.....My head feels cracked just thinking about it :lol:
In my old TR4 I used an oil additive called Slick 50 to reduce interior friction.Some call it a snake oil but I thought it really did make the engine run smoother and cooler.Do you think that might help prevent the cracked heads?

About the interior heat setting,yes, that's what I've been doing. For some reason I thought you were supposed to set it to hot. I'll be doing a job in a couple of hours and I'll slide it to cold air. Will I notice a big difference or is it a minor tweak?Interior fan on or off or does it matter?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
I did a couple of jobs today, no issues.Van idle temp is between 190 and 200 and the machine gets up to 225 (Slider on cool, thanks Joe, for noticing!).Problem seems to be solved.I'll keep my fingers crossed.Really, guys, thank you very much, I totally appreciate your help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom