Ceramic / porcelain glazed surface cleaning

I was just wondering what you guys do for your edging (1/2 inch on the walls and cabinets that a spinner doesn't reach) on a typical textured glazed ceramic or porcelain surface. We've got many edge tools, including one that I recently purchased from Innovative Solutions that works very well, however we have always prided ourselves to do top quality work and I usually have someone detail ALL edges by hand with the "low tech" stuff to ensure we are perfectly clean wall to wall. I've read here some of you may use your carpet wands with glides? This might work, I haven't tried. We're just getting old and time is money - automating the edges would be great, but only if they can come as clean as the rest WITHOUT any damage to adjacent surfaces.

Thanks,
Tony Dannucci

Fon Johnson

We use the inline grout brush, and un Unger deck brush. If the border is vinyl or tile, we just cock up the turbo a little and blast the edge (obviously this won't work around cabinetry.) The Gekko works somewhat, but again can be dangerous around cabinets and stainless. We usually just rely on the deck brush and good old fashioned muscle. A good cleaner makes this a LOT easier.

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Brown doodle bug pad works great for us as well as popping the turbo up just a smidge to get that 1/2" of grout. I used the gekko the other day, still leaves a little if it is dirty.

Yes, the tilt was something I thought I figured out for us too! I just think its a bit sloppy around more sensitive edges, but I'm gathering the consensus is do the best you can with the spinner and detail if necessary by hand. I was of course hoping for more, but so be it.

Fon Johnson

Try the Unger deck brush. This is the best brush I have ever used, by far. I'll post a pic of mine the first of the week. It is worn out, and I will post a picture of a new one as soon as I pick one up. This brush is great for grout. I'll also post those pictures of the 3m grout brushes for the rotary. I didn't have any of those brushes on my truck at the house, and forgot to take the camera every time I was in the other truck.. :roll:

Fon Johnson

LOL, now that's innovation!

I think I'll stick with the deck brush. My back likes standing up too much..

TimP

I have a gecko with the edger attachment however it isn't the best solution as it's cumbersome. I've also used a towel to wipe up the soil but again it's not perfect cause it will look great then it dries dirty again. I've had to go around with acid and a towel and it seems that's the best way I've come accross for myself. The edges can stink majorly. It would be nice if someone would come up with a tool that works easily 100% of the time.

Big market for an entrepreneur.

SJA

Unfortunatley, there is no easy answer. I agree with the above - all I have to add is that an acid cleaner will do less damage to finished wood work than high ph cleaners. Try ColorSealing more floors 9/10 times you will not have to detail the edges and you will cut your cleaning time in 1/2.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom