CFM vs. lift on vacuums...

Name
Jeff T
I’m curious as to whether or not the same rules apply when we are talking vacuum cleaner power. Obviously, when we run a TM, or portable, we are moving air and water. But what about when we are just moving air? Is it more important to have higher CFM, and lower water lift? Help me figure this out.

Name
Matt Ross
Vacumes like the oreck, older sanitair, etc have larger cfms, and pick up dust very well. They do great for small debris. Some places they do great as long as your beater bar is working correctly.
I have other jobs where I pick up alot of larger debris like paperclips, rubber bands, rocks, ect... those jobs need more lift, like a pro team or something with a wand.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Jeff T
Vacumes like the oreck, older sanitair, etc have larger cfms, and pick up dust very well. They do great for small debris. Some places they do great as long as your beater bar is working correctly.
I have other jobs where I pick up alot of larger debris like paperclips, rubber bands, rocks, ect... those jobs need more lift, like a pro team or something with a wand.
Ok, then it would stand to reason that if I was doing LOTS of post construction cleaning, I’d want to be able to pick up large debris, AND fine dust particles.... so, I need one with both then?

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
Ok, then it would stand to reason that if I was doing LOTS of post construction cleaning, I’d want to be able to pick up large debris, AND fine dust particles.... so, I need one with both then?

Good Shop-Vac for all the big'uns and heavy stuff first, and then follow up with a bagged upright as needed.

Isn't that what Shop-Vacs are for?

I would not rely on only an upright for post construction cleanup.

I don't think most would hold up too long.

DAT

Name
Bill Cheryl
Conquest

steve_64

Shop vac for post construction and if if you are doing a lot get extra filters or plan on cleaning them onsite.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Just use a loud Royal on post construction and any other vacuum on a normal job

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Can't beat a 18 inch hoover conquest for large area vacuum. Use it like a lawn mower row after row.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
need one with a by-pass vac motor .
The antique technology of "debris thru the fan" ain't the best choice

And no easy hose attach on those antiques makes them stupid all the way around the block for const vac up chores

Most all the by-pass uprights have enough of both cfm and hg to debris to dust cup

Where you run into trouble is when pieces of wire, nails screws, bobypins and incense sticks jam in ports or hoses

LTA

roro

Name
Ross Craig
Builders cleans - we use old Advance Twin 16 or Certified pilelifter machines for first vac, then go over with standard vacs (badge engineered SEBO's)
roro

Name
Jeff T
I ordered a Lindhaus RX 450 today... needed something that has a wide path, AND removable hose for edging.... we shall see how it performs...

Name
Matt Ross
Let us know. I've had good luck with pro teams lately. I was buying windsors for awhile but pro teams are a little cheaper and I like a few things about them more.

Name
Jeff T
Let us know. I've had good luck with pro teams lately. I was buying windsors for awhile but pro teams are a little cheaper and I like a few things about them more.
I’ve got a Proteam xp1200... thus far, it’s been a good vac for me, just not wide enough for large contracts. I know lots of guys here recommend a few different vacs, but none of them have a removable hose to do edging. After some research, the Lindhaus seems to fit the bill. It definitely wasn’t cheap, but if it performs well, I don’t care what the cost...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom