CGD and a Thanks to Mikey's board

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I will upload a few pics but I would just like to say thanks to the members here for posting your info and experience.
I got a call to bid a pizza joint here in town, did and we got the account.
The carpet had not been done in 4 months and was really bad.
So I thought about pre scrub with 175....and the VCT pads.....I have never used vct pads on carpet but have read about many of you using them, so went and picked some up.
White, Red, and Green
The green was the one we ended up going with the other two were to light.

OMG is all I can say...it blew me away....it has made me think ENCAP may be actually possible, I filled the tank on the 175 and took a soda bombed carpet and blanked it out, it was amazing how good it did.
I rinsed at 500 psi with my wand and POP went the carpet.
I have voice mail from owner she couldn't believe it, haven't seen the carpet look this bright except when it was installed.

NOW WHO IS THE GUY DOING WHEELS DOWN CONVERSION I WANT ONE SO MY WIFE CAN RUN THE 175.
She likes going with on the night jobs

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Once you have it corrected like that you'll be even more amazed that you can maintain it with encap.+

Go back over that with your 175 and encap juice and pads and it will look bright and stay that way for a long while.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I think it was a kit that just bolted to a regular 175 machine and gave it wheels so it would track better, Missy can run the 175 but with the vct pads it was to much for her...she tried.
I couldn't believe the results man it was flipping amazing.
I borrowed my friends CX 15 also and was impressed with it, but Missy said the wand was leaving the carpet looking better so I went back to the wand.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Once you have it corrected like that you'll be even more amazed that you can maintain it with encap.+

Go back over that with your 175 and encap juice and pads and it will look bright and stay that way for a long while.
That is kinda my goal, it would make this job very good money if we can do encap every other trip if possible. Man they were dirty.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That is kinda my goal, it would make this job very good money if we can do encap every other trip if possible. Man they were dirty.
You could even go back more often for less money and hit it with just encap to maintain it. You wouldn't make more money but the work would be much faster & easier.Plus the carpet wouldn't have the peaks & valley's. It would look good all the time. :icon_cool:

Look for a used Cimex and even your wife can run it. We've trained some of the Fire Cleanup girls to run Cimex's so when we are in a pinch for tech's we can use one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TConway

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
She could run a Zipper. Its just walking back & forth little effort, not like using a wand.
Yes this is why I haven't purchased the CX. I think the zipper is the better tool. The problem I think with the CX this night was the fact the floor wasn't supper flat the tool sealed ok but not 100% so it looked more like it was stripping the carpet, I think is was just because it couldn't pull the water out as well on the slight imperfections of the carpet....this would also probably happen with the zipper as well.
The only thing is I think the zipper is easier to make dirrection changes due to it cleaning in BOTH directions. The CX only backwards I am not a fan of only the one direction....but I am a fan of the spinning spray bar.... but the Zipper is working on that now.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
I am saving my money for the spinning Zipper honestly, I have always like the zipper but have reservations just because it is just to much like a regular wand...sorry but that is just my impression. Not to bring it down cause that is NOT what I am saying.
I have a PC Legend so I am limited on heat, so my go to would be a rotary because of the added cleaning of agitation, not because I don't like the zipper, I just think it maybe out of my rigs performance capabilities due to its limitations.
Now the spinning zipper is going to give me something more than just a wand action so I am very interested in it.
The CX is really only a wand with a spinning spray bar, as far as recovery....I feel my wand is almost as good if not better when you consider having to try and change directions to get a better seal due to floor imperfections, and only one direction cleaning ability.
So if the spinner is what is making the results better then I feel the Zipper is going to be hands down the tool for me....I have always LOVED the RV DHX due to the counter rotating heads and there cleaning abilities, from what I understand the Zipper is doing the same with its spray bars.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
it is just to much like a regular wand
:eekk:

Tom it truly is nothing like a wand. You can clean forwards, backwards, I hear NASA even bought one so they can clean the shuttle upside down. ;)

Easy cleaning, you just walking. We got one a couple of weeks ago and I already need a couple more. The guys love how well it cleans with very little effort. :cool:

Reactions: Russ T. and TConway

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Ok I am getting my zipper.......a ZIPPER TAT may follow Thank you Erik looking forward to getting it.

Reactions: Mark Saiger

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
So I made this for my buffer today, for my WIFE :shifty:, so I will be able to run the new Zipper....I think there might be a royal rumble between us on the next commercial job, as to who is going to run what :biggrin:
The big wheels work very well, my wife tried it out and scooted around, she easily handled it, so the guy talking about making these, it is pretty legit.
IMG_20150816_191050673_zpsu0kcswro.jpg

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Yeah we will make video of my wife running it, She was whipping the buffer around like a pro....I told her Hey you still have to be careful not to let the pad grab a hold of something and scare the crap out of you, no way could she do with wheels up, no way. The weight of the machine throws her off balance to easy.
I think our sports bar is about due, will film it there maybe. Or on a empty this week

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Why give it away Tom?

Can you shoot a video of it in action?
J Brown is correct in this idea, the only problem is there is SOOOO many buffers out there to make a kit for them all would be a big job and probably pretty expensive to do.
But I'm telling you my wife easily handled the buffer with the big wheels on it. It was night and day difference, her confidence went sky high. The first trigger pull was a little slow but after that, no problem at all. She had no issues at all.
I made it so you can level (sweet spot) it, once you get it in the neutral position the buffer just tracks really well.
This is a pretty crud mock up, but if you ran the same pad or bonnet, once I have it leveled to what pad or bonnet, I can lock it to that height and it is done. Same for if you were to just run a brush head, once leveled to the brush, just lock it. The wheels just go up with the handle, and you can roll it in and out like it was stock.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
But can you heel?
Yes/No I was watching videos of OP machines and it looks as if the heads pivot or level themselves, you can still tilt side to side and get that dig in action, but to actually heel no, because when you push down on the handle the pad comes up, due to the pivot on the back wheels.
I do understand what you are asking, but because you can tilt to left or right and get that dig in scrub this is why I say yes.

J Brown

Name
Jeff Brown
So I made this for my buffer today, for my WIFE :shifty:, so I will be able to run the new Zipper....I think there might be a royal rumble between us on the next commercial job, as to who is going to run what :biggrin:
The big wheels work very well, my wife tried it out and scooted around, she easily handled it, so the guy talking about making these, it is pretty legit.
View attachment 5817

That's great, looks like it would work for most rotaries and a lot less expensive than a complete machine which is what I was thinking of doing.
Years ago I came up with the idea of making a wheel down op machine with spray system Clark (Orbitec) built it. It took a while to catch on but now it's a standard.

The reason I wanted to put a rotary on an op frame is because the work has already been done only need a few mods.
With the op frame like I used you can do shower feed or use a spray system, the head can unlock and flip up for pad changing.
As I'm sure you know by now the head has to be adjusted level to the floor and locked according the the pad or brush you use, so on the op frame a simple pull pin locking adjustment on the swivel head works.
I'm not really interested in doing this myself, thought Clark would want to build it but doesn't seem interested, plus can't really get a hold of him when needed.

I here there is a couple of companies that is working a wheel down rotary right now.

I think you should make and sell your kit, I would buy it.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Well it is a little ruff but I finally tried it out today with my son, I ran the buffer and he did the Zipper, this hallway was 150' long and I went to town on it with the buffer. The wheels made it way faster, I will be talking to Tim to see about making a kit to fit some of the more popular buffers,....BUT I TRULY DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT THEY WOULD BE.....CALLING ON MBers to give me some input on this maybe.

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
Oh, and I took Mikeys advice and went with a red pad....this time:biggrin::biggrin:

TConway

Supportive Member
Name
Thomas Conway
then you Xipped it?
Yeah my son ran the Zip,
The tank was a old Dev housing, One of the first ones we made, @ 6 total but we didn't like it, so they were setting in the scrap bin, so I just used one as a solution tank.

Reactions: dgardner

Louis

Supportive Member
Name
Louis
That's cool. Just think of all of the walls and furniture that can be saved with that kit. Money saved in training someone. Also a very inexpensive way to start encaping . Then buy a cimex.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom