Chair scratches on vct

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
I have a strip-n-wax coming up. The receptionist area has scratches under the chair into the tile . Black pad does nothing, is there a way to make this look better with out a new floor.

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
When you strip it the dirt should come out of the scratches. If you apply enough finish they will fill back in. VCT is the same all the way through so if you can get the dirt out of the scratches you should be fine. (Of course it does depend on how deep the scratches are).

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Bruce
Pictures would be nice , anywhere I've ever did wax on VCT and they have office chairs on it , the cheap plastic wheels chew through the wax real fast and starts wearing on the tile. I had a teacher complain last year about not having enough wax under her chair , this year I put 10 layers of wax behind her desk , she already chewed through it. I'm sure she will tell me I need better wax.

Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Lyman
The scratches are pretty deep. A three foot circle looks like crap. Almost looks like it needs to be sanded smooth some how.

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
They’re the same all over. The chair just grinds in a circle 8 hrs. a day with on the wheels. Stripper and a stripping pad WILL get in out. Don’t mean it’s still
not ground down cause it is. Worse case scenario, put a coat of sealer then finish.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom