Challenging customer

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Had (emphasis on had) a customer who was so difficult I normally would have said no to the rebuild but was trying to schmooze an adjuster with my people skills and thought I could handle her. She fired me, the plumber, floor covering retailer, drywall company and the independent adjuster. We are in a small town so she is going to run out of people pretty soon. She cried every time I talked to her. Not kidding, every single time. Never so relieved to be fired in my life. Just venting.
Al

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
I have a trying customer right now as well. We did a sewage loss for her. Upon our arrival she had a fridge that was in an unaffected part of the basement. I noticed a strong odor coming from it... open it up and tons of spoiled food. I noted that the fridge was in that condition, and took pictures. They commented they were going to clean it out and have the electric company take it for a $30 dollar credit. I ask if I may unplug it, to use the power source, they agree, and I again note these. We finish the loss that night, I have her read everything I have noted, including the work that we performed, and she signs it. I also had her initial next to all notes concerning the fridge.

If you remember... it was from that sewage job I posted from Christmas Eve will all of the clutter in the basement.

Long story short, they get a check for a few thousand dollars. Now they're trying to claim the fridge on the loss :?: :?: They want the insurance to pay for it. The insurance denies it, and now wants us to claim responsibility for it, saying our unplugging caused it. Luckily all of documentation is in order. She decided to write us a check for 1500 less than our mitigation bill. And unfortunately it appears we'll have to start lein procedures. We haven't deposited the check or cashed it.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
With this economy we've worked for quite a few folks that we would have normally passed on.

Those kinds of jobs make you earn every penny the hard way. :(

Back
Top Bottom