chamber of commerce and networking groups.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have been attending chamber of commerce groups and am going to my networking group today. I dont care much for the chamber functions as it feels like high school all over again , and if you are not a banker or a prominent realtor your not part of the in crowd. I have decided to stick it out and try and make it work for me since I know a few people who are well known. Going to a networking group in about an hour they seem cool its a smaller group and they only allow one person per trade in the group . how can I maximize my member

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Dress for success...put on a suit and tie.

Introduce yourself to everyone but be interested in them......not you.

Ask not what the group can do you for you...but what you can do for the group.

Don't be shy, smile, look them in the eye (not like a creepy Bob Vawter type of way).

To fit in with the "Bankers" you must keep your image at a level they can respect.

If you go in with a nice polo or uniform...you will be treated as such.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Oh and a huge rule of business....some say it's the number 1 rule...I say it's part of the number 1 rule and that is...

You have to be bigger than you are....no matter what.

Don't let on that you are an Owner Operator...you are a business owner...you just happen to own a carpet cleaning business.

Question you will get asked...how many trucks do you run??

My standard answer is...."All of them"

Use it playfully and they will get the picture.

SFC

maximize your member?

I have using networking groups for years.

Rules

Meet up with everyone you exchange cards with. You don't know where the leads are going to come from and finding out what others do can help you as well.

Email everyone that you come in contact with even if you don't exchange cards.

Always carry as many business cards with you as you can.

Refer to your website as often as possible.

Email them each month with tips and tricks to cleaning or whatever your services are.

Move from person to person to person. Don't dawdle and don't try to be with the in crowd. The outside shy people have money too.

Contact everyone of these people at least 7 to 10 times.

When your services are needed the odds are that they will think of you first.

Make sure you keep up the image with a lettered shirt, van and good marketing tools.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom