Chandelier cleaning???

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Anyone do it??...

Think about doing it?.... Or light fixtures or anything?

Some ladies have extremellly expensive and fansy chadeliers that get dusty and have like 100+ beads/jewels on them...

yes or no???

what would be used for chemical??...i remember my mom used to just use ammonia on all glass chadeliers..

Greenie

I've cleaned a few, unless you have a bunch to do, there are other areas of revenue that have less liability associated to them.

Stevea

It is something we do but Greenie has a very valid point about liability.

My suggestion, if you are going to do it, charge very well for it. I personally do not mind doing these types of job since they are very profitable and I am a believer in taking care of what ever my client wants me to do. Plus, there is not much competition in this area.

We use a Vapor Steemer for cleaning all of the crystals and glass and there is a lot of hand wiping and vacuuming. Still, if you have the right clientele, it is well worth the effort, IMO.

SA

I never liked cleaning chandeliers. To tedius and time consuming for me. And around here it's hard to find anyone who's willing to pay good $ for it.

John Buxton

we did a fire job years ago with one of those and used a spray that worked great. I cant remember what the name of it was though, sorry. Find a fire guy.

Fred Geyen

We did Chandelier cleaning when we had a residential window cleaning business. We liked doing them. Took time but we charged for that time. In fact there was a company trying to Franchise a system for doing them.

Never used the steam but I think it would help alot but of course test test test.

There are sprays out that say you can just spray and let it drip dry but never found them to be effective. It is alot of hand work. Use alot of of cleaner as it will flush lots of dirt off limiting the amount of hand work. Just put a drop cloth on the floor and let it drip down. The company that was trying to Franchise would cover the Chandelier and "Spray Clean" it. They did wind up with some electrical problems on occasion.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Did many chandeliers over the years as part of fire restoration jobs. USed the spray cleaner - just put a drop cloth underneath and spray it heavy and let it drip. We also used the vapor steam machine when needed. As others have said, charge well.

Scott Warrington

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
the guy who taught restoration class here a few years ago, Swan I believe is his last name, used a steaming machine to clean big chandelier. He had a secretary that loved to take a cleaning job of this lady's chandelier. They set up a scaffold and she laid on her back and cleaned away. Easy work, no chemicals.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom