Change in the times ?

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
JC Pennys has announced their slashing their prices by 40-60%. At one time they would send out lots of coupons with high percentages off of merchandise. Which worked great for a long time for the psychology of the consumer. Their products were marked up, but the consumer still thought they were getting a great deal. But now their focusing more on price point, as many of the other clothing stores have done in the last 2-3 years. I've noticed a few carpet cleaning companies like COIT use the high % off consistently in their marketing.

Has JC Penny's move in the way they market showing a sign of the times ?

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
Hoody said:
JC Pennys has announced their slashing their prices by 40-60%. At one time they would send out lots of coupons with high percentages off of merchandise. Which worked great for a long time for the psychology of the consumer. Their products were marked up, but the consumer still thought they were getting a great deal. But now their focusing more on price point, as many of the other clothing stores have done in the last 2-3 years. I've noticed a few carpet cleaning companies like COIT use the high % off consistently in their marketing.

Don't know about JC Penny.
However, here it looks like Coit always has those discounts.
The discounted price seem to be their real price.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Ofer Kolton said:
Hoody said:

Don't know about JC Penny.
However, here it looks like Coit always has those discounts.
The discounted price seem to be their real price.

Yes what I'm getting at is the consumer starting to not care about % off, and only care about price at face value ? Or will there always be a market for % off/coupon consumer ?

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Change in times. But, wrong conclusion Hoody.

They are going to ONLINE coupons and are also big on ONLINE client reviews.

THis is the lesson to be gleamed.

Fred Homan

Coit...30% - 35% -40% OFF OF WHAT??? They are SHYSTERS plain and simple.....They want people to THINK they are getting a good deal.... And I'm sure they upsale the hell out of the consumer. ZEROREZ is the same.... I laugh at them and I am honest with my clients if they ask....

Back
Top Bottom