change out 1 and 1/2 to 2' big or not on a porty

NJ104

Name
Juan
As some of you know about my last post I changed the motor, it was not too bad of a job. But now I am wondering if the one and half inch connection for my vacuum hose can be changed for a 2 inch would it do any difference, can i run a fifty foot hose at 1 1/2 or 2 ". would a booster help. I know that some will just tell me to get a truck mount but I am not willing to drop that much dough right now. I have seen some people using boosters I think mytee sells one called hog and recoil sell there brand, was wondering if anyone ever used them what there experience was with them I can only assume that it will allow you to go further so you don't have move the machine. some of the jobs I do are in multi million dollar home (friends of friends) so they have a lot of expensive things so the least I move the machine the better.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Yes it will make a big difference. Depending on the machine you may be able to use a hole saw and just use a two part port.

Been there done that many years ago.

Ask lots of questions and participate here as much as you can. You likely have expertise in some areas to share as well.

Lonny

Supportive Member
The two inch made a good deal of difference for my porty. I also cut another stack and ran the motors in parallel. then added a third motor, unbalanced airflow and all. When necessary 100' runs are doable, no booster necessary.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
But now I am wondering if the one and half inch connection for my vacuum hose can be changed for a 2 inch would it do any difference, can i run a fifty foot hose at 1 1/2 or 2 ".

It sure wont hurt! I'd try the 2" superflex hose(it's great!) before the vac booster. The hose will be $110 or so, you could use your 1.5" wand. The booster is like $4/500, right? Plus more cords and pain in butt.

Running 50" of hose off a porty and having to do ten extra dry strokes is STILL better than having to bring it up stairs!

Hey Juan, your much more fun to talk to when your not crabby!:lol:

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I have a 2inch hole im my mytee 1003 dx. I run like 35 or 40 feet off of it with 2 inch hose and seem to still get decent vacuum. Just don't get stuck in the trap of trying to turn a porty into a truckmount. I had a recoil when I first started out and I pissed away a lot of money on modifying my portable when in reality I wish I would have just put it towards an entry level truckmount

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

NJ104

Name
Juan
Ok if I am hearing this correctly On the machine is a 1 1/2 inch connector for the vacuum. I can swap out the one and half inch connector with a two inch connector. if I do this how far can I have in terms of a hose 25' , 4-' or 50'. mind you with this I am not going to use a booster.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
2 stage vac motors are going to big a major limiting factor in anything you do. 2 stage motors are usually a trade-off on portables that have a heating element. The heater uses a substantial amount of amps to run it, so pairing it with lower performing 2 stage motors will keep the total machine amperage under acceptable requirements for most household’s electrical systems.If higher amp 3-stage motors were used in combination with the heater and the pump, it would be pulling too much current, and you would be constantly overloading circuit breakers.
Most elite porty hacks like myself would choose higher vac performance over heat any day. The heaters are really too underpowered to keep up with any decent flow.
If you really want to tweak your machine, I would scrap the heater and install a couple of 3-stage vacs in it if possible. The high performance 3-stage vacs can be a little pricey, but you can easily find a nice pair of Amtek 3-stage motors for around 110 bucks each. 116565-13 Amtek motors area nice example.

Keep the heater for warming your milk before nappy time.

Reactions: Willy P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom