Changes at FOX/ Organic Compounds

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
no info on their site regarding machine specs or distribution channels unless Magic Wand is THE distribution channel. Maybe Steambrite but don't they mostly drop ship orders? I saw Fox machines for sale on MW site a couple weeks ago.

What kind of track record did Fox have on their machines? They seem pretty sparse. Their prices seem to be in the higher end of the scale for two models but it's hard telling without any engine, blower, pump info.

Maybe they'll go to MikeFest next year?

Jimbo

The FOX units are a well-proven and very dependable design.

I bought a used unit in 1986 from down in San Diego...Nissan engine...# 4 blower on it...ran like a champ.

Before I bought it I interviewed a FOX user in Las Vegas...he had tried all the lawn mower units...he could not get good longevity out of the air cooled engines...then he bought several FOX units...and ran them day and night in the blazing heat.

The pump out unit is quite a clever design...basically an inverted pyramid shape on the bottom,,,with a rectangular box above that...the waste water gets pulled into that...precipitates to the bottom, where it is continuously pumped out into a sanitary drain in the house. (I believe Mr Oxley's pump out system is patterned after the FOX system)

They have a washdown system built into the waste tank area...so cleaning that small tank is a snap...just open a valve on the front and that tank gets spray washed with your high pressure water system.

I believe Organic Componds made some of the first Sound Reducing enclosures for their Truckmounts.

Success to the new owners and Mr TaffMan

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Jimbo, Do you know how well their HX's work? Can they consistantly produce 220-230 degree heat? I see a Fox system on TM Deals converted over to an El Diablo kero burner.

Best of success to the new owner.
Thanks Jimbo for the info. Keep rockin' th' stache J!

Bill

Jimbo

The one I had was probably built about 30 years ago...so I am sure their technology has advanced...I had a #4 Little giant for my heating...you should call Taf Baig and ask him...or the folks at Organic Compounds.

Stache' is now but a recent memory...got tired of forgetting to wax it and going out looking like biker boy...I'll start on the next one soon.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Jimbo said:
..you should call Taf Baig and ask him...or the folks at Organic Compounds.

Honestly, I don't think I'd get a straight answer from either a marketing rep, salesman, or manufacturer. But I'll them a call and see what they say but I think I know the answer... heard the song and dance before...
" this machine will sizzle.. easily maintain 250 with 2 wands high flow.. vacuum will suck the carpet off the floor or rip the skin off an alagator.. "

There's a lot of wiggle room in the fringe areas between reality and fantasy; affectionately known as the stretching the truth but not officially lying zone.

So, I'm a distrustful, pessimist.. go ahead, shoot me. I've been burned in the past. Anyone interested in a Bane Clene Belt Drive Paramount, electric reels with about 600 hours on it....?
I didn't think so.

p.s. How many hands high are you Jimbo? From your picture you look like you're about 6'10". somewhat amus

Bill

Jimbo

19 Hands, Bill, plus a little. (With a name like 'Morgan'...I should have figured you would ask for an equine measurement!)

most of that is my Mike-sized head!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Before I bought it I interviewed a FOX user in Las Vegas...he had tried all the lawn mower units...he could not get good longevity out of the air cooled engines..
amen, nothing worse then
a lawnmower engine starving for air in a hot van. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gene

Luis Gomez

Name
Luis Gomez
Code:
Honestly, I don't think I'd get a straight answer from either a marketing rep, salesman, or manufacturer. But I'll them a call and see what they say but I think I know the answer... heard the song and dance before...
" this machine will sizzle.. easily maintain 250 with 2 wands high flow.. vacuum will suck the carpet off the floor or rip the skin off an alagator.. " [quote] 

I have one... I love it... had it since 1998. I went  to Long Beach to see the new models last
year (the nissan engine is not available any more). If they are taking about 250 they are not
taking about water temperature but PSI. If you want high temperature you will need to get a
4T little giant to go with it. The heat exchangers they use can't produce or sustain that high temperature
 (this info comes from Joel, their mechanic). It is a great TM, I love the simplicity of
the unit and the auto pump-out, but It will not produce high heat. That is why I bought a Judson C-4.
Luis

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom