Changing methods

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Within the last month I've moved to almost total padcap. I still have my portable and use it to extract stairs and do upholstery but I use all encapsulation products now.

I'm EXTREMELY pleased with this decision in many areas including less equipment in the house, faster job time, faster drying times but most importantly the job results looks so much better than what I was getting before. It is costing me more chemical wise but that's the only downside.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
Low moisture with op. I left the tm and went that route for over three years....
Lots of things can be done well. ..But time time time! is your enemy.

Entry Level tm/ portable imo can easily be replaced with a good vlm set up.

But you can pry my at from my cold-dead-hands now. ..

sent via tapatalk.

Reactions: tracywalker

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
And here I thought you were going to sell your at because you now have the shaky machine. I thought you were going to be another shake and hide the dirt success story!

Mike Draper

Cimex with encap. It's such an productive machine and can easily pull $200+ an hour with great results. We do more and more of this on commercial settings. One if the best purchases I've made.

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Any carpet cleaner thats doing a COMPLETE cleaning will always start with HWE....no compromise. I added Cimex and encap 2 years ago when I had a big commercial job, didn't want to pass it up. I was hooked on Cimex after that. I've done enough Cimex jobs to have paid a 19" model off 20 times over. But yet, I still rent it when jobs come up. (The rent is very reasonable).

I am ordering one this week. I'm also going to pick up a smaller pad machine for touch up work and for those encaps that need a little extra soil moving!

The biggest question is .....what's the best Encap-poo? I've been using Encapuclean Green DS. 4 ozs. per gallon. The key to being efficeint is to learn to "throttle" the solution flow. It comes with experience. And what are the best pads to use? There is such a selection that it is a hard decision. Last week I used a brown course pad (it has a 2" circle in the middle that pops out) I did a whole floor (10,000 sf) with just one set of pads. They didn't compress at all, like the softer light beige pads. I did lose one pad down an elevator shaft while pulling the Cimex out of an elevator. Building manager will get it next time he enters the elevator shaft for inspection.

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Any carpet cleaner thats doing a COMPLETE cleaning will always start with HWE....no compromise.I disagree - in my opinion HWE does NOT have to always be the first step. I added Cimex and encap 2 years ago when I had a big commercial job, didn't want to pass it up. I was hooked on Cimex after that. I've done enough Cimex jobs to have paid a 19" model off 20 times over. But yet, I still rent it when jobs come up. (The rent is very reasonable).

I am ordering one this week. I'm also going to pick up a smaller pad machine for touch up work and for those encaps that need a little extra soil moving!

The biggest question is .....what's the best Encap-poo? I'm being a smart ass here BUT if you are so cock-sure of what has to be the first step in cleaning I'm wondering why you can't figure out something so simple as to what solution or pads to use? I've been using Encapuclean Green DS. 4 ozs. per gallon. The key to being efficeint is to learn to "throttle" the solution flow. It comes with experience. And what are the best pads to use? There is such a selection that it is a hard decision. Last week I used a brown course pad (it has a 2" circle in the middle that pops out) I did a whole floor (10,000 sf) with just one set of pads. They didn't compress at all, like the softer light beige pads. I did lose one pad down an elevator shaft while pulling the Cimex out of an elevator. Building manager will get it next time he enters the elevator shaft for inspection.

Just wondering.

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
pretty much.

Ill have to shoot video side by side on a trashed place vs the mex one of these times to show it.

Last edited:

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
last chance Michael, no turning back

if you take the red pill

you stay in wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes

[video=youtube;zE7PKRjrid4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE7PKRjrid4[/video]

Reactions: tmdry

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Just wondering.

Well, Barry.....didn't mean ta get ya all upset. As for the HWE....I'll bet 95% of all posters here use HWE as their go-to method in residential and heavy commercial. If you couldn't make a go at HWE and had to turn to pad-capping, so be it.

As for being cock-sure, I'm not. There are probably 25+ different encap solutions out there, and it's damn near impossible to try every one. Look on Excellent Supply's available pads for encap. He's got to have 20+ different variations of pads from soft to course. It's also damn near impossible to try them all.

As for cock-sure on my first step in cleaning, it will always be HWE. Each job dictates what method should be used. I've been at it for 38 years.......I think I know a little bit about cleaning carpet.

If your custys are happy with pad capping their carpets, then you've found a market for your cleaning. I will eventually add an orbital pad machine. I went that route with a pad cleaning businessman here on these boards, and it just wasn't what my custys wanted as clean. That machine sits in my shop as a coat hanger. I may get it running again, and use it.

Last edited:

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
QUOTE=Barry-QDCC;4299412]Just wondering.[/QUOTE]

Well, Barry.....didn't mean ta get ya all upset. As for the HWE....I'll bet 95% of all posters here use HWE as their go-to method in residential and heavy commercial. If you couldn't make a go at HWE and had to turn to pad-capping, so be it.

As for being cock-sure, I'm not. There are probably 25+ different encap solutions out there, and it's damn near impossible to try every one. Look on Excellent Supply's available pads for encap. He's got to have 20+ different variations of pads from soft to course. It's also damn near impossible to try them all.

As for cock-sure on my first step in cleaning, it will always be HWE. Each job dictates what method should be used. I've been at it for 38 years....I think I know a little bit about cleaning carpet.

If your custys are happy with pad capping their carpets, then you've found a market for your cleaning. I will eventually add an orbital pad machine. I went that route with a pad cleaning businessman here on these boards, and it just wasn't what my custys wanted as clean. That machine sits in my shop as a coat hanger. I may get it running again, and use it

smithbrothers

Name
Matt Brammer

SixShooter

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Sabia
Did you previously do Truckmount?

Are your return customers happy with your new method?

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
For residential, we are ALL TM, job averages according to SM are 350 plus, jobs take half the time, no weird stares at the "buffers", the business has doubled in size, we now have an office, a few employees, trucks paid for, all this after "the change from vlm-op", few years ago, and we have never looked back.

I've stopped attending VLM secret underground societies where everyone pats your back about 5 min dry times & "library quiet machines", no one cares about that other than 5 OP only cleaners left in the county.

I would like to add that Bruce from Zion Carpet in WA opened up my eyes of "multi-units commercial vlm", back in the pro-cleaners days he would enlighten us how he would go in and "destroy" several fifty to hundred thousand square feet in a few hours. The man knew about production rates...and I have seen Richard doing the same thing w/ all his Cimexes and OP machines for COMMERCIAL. I can type in caps, because I KNOW both methods, and can stand behind what I say, I've done it.

I was, am, and will forever be a cock-sure OP guru.

The end.

Reactions: Dolly Llama
Name
Marcus
If, if, if you were going to look at doing another method other than HWE, what would it be and why? Not interested in why to stay with HWE only answers.....

What A Difference - Carpet & Tile Cleaning - Lexington KY
www.whatadifferenceky.com
Are you just looking at options to save money or do have dry time problems or do you have joint pain and wand fatigue?
All my joint pain was solved with the zipper wand and it also has faster dry times by 30-50 percent
The cap

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom