Charcoal in polyprop

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Gotta go look at a job tomorrow.

Drawing Charcoal in a polyprop carpet.

I've never heard of Drawing Charcoal before.

Any ideas. ??

Thanks.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Treat it like an ink stain Shorty. But vacuum it first with a crevice tool or similar. Don't be too aggressive or you'll spread it. Surround it with stain magic or ammonia so it doesn't spread. Use a solvent and terry towels to blot blot blot as much as you can. Rinse it well. You may have to use stain magic and an iron to get any remaining color up. If it hasn't been tampered with it shouldn't be too difficult.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Brush and vacuum to remove much of it. Much of it will clean out with HWE, but small particles can be tenacious. They are held to the carpet fibers by van der Waals forces. A charged hydrotope in our Filter Free works well on these small particles. Other filtration soil removers could also work.

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
I use drawing charcoal... but I put it IN carpet, not take it out !gotcha!

Occassionally, I'll use a little Perc on a cloth to remove it if needed. But I am dealing with lite applications of it.

John

G

Gnu

ammonia?? no no no..

just vacuum what you can and encap the rest with a towel. then extract. its charcoal not tar heroin. lol
if there are traces left after initial extraction use a lil bit of citra-pure to break down any oily residue then nuetrilize the re-extract. btw citra-pure shouldnt hurt that stuff but dilute it .. ALOT! its strong stuff

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks for all your answers.

I've already been and done the job. :oops:

I went with my gut feeling and treated it like printer toner/ink.

Plenty of vac with the crevice tool.

Then went with Vac-A-Way Spot n Boost and towel.

Followed up with Cyclone HWE and rinse extracted.

Came up a treat.

Never seen nor heard of this stuff before.

The shiela said there wasn't much, flamin' hell !dork!

Doesn't matter, she paid dearly for it, several others had been there and told her to replace the carpet.

Hey, I'm a hero shiteatinggrin Wonder if Connections'll pay me. shiteatinggrin :lol:

Thanks again.

Ooroo,

:roll:

PS ::: A lot of the products mentioned, we don't get down under, wun day, us neanderthals'll get our act together. :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom