Charges for spot removal visits

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
Could you folks give me some advice on how much to charge for spot removal visits for both past customers and new customers.

I currently charge $55 per room for cleaning with a $120 minimum. I offer two choices of protector: One with a warranty that would include a free visit or two if necessary.

I am thinking about charging about $75 minimum per visit, $50 for travel time and mileage, and $25 for about 15 minutes spent at the home.

Does this make sense? How do you guys charge?

Thanks
Paul

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
why not just make it a minimum charge and call it done? dont charge separate for travel, just build it into the price. fuel surcharges are the lamest charge ever IMO.
spot removal jobs are nice, its another opportunity to be infront of them and offer more of your services. uphostery, tile, ect; or atleast educate them more.

Bjorn

50 bucks for travel time? did you just take a sfs class or some thing???? ditch that fee

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
why not just make it a minimum charge and call it done? dont charge separate for travel, just build it into the price. fuel surcharges are the lamest charge ever IMO.
spot removal jobs are nice, its another opportunity to be infront of them and offer more of your services. uphostery, tile, ect; or atleast educate them more.

Ya wanna move to Vancouver Hoodie? Mountains, ocean, Olympics, fishing , skiing, mountain sports,crooked politicians, gangs, thieves, crackheads and junkies, and all kinds of fun stuff? You're hired! :wink:

Bingo!
Just charge a minimum and be done with it. Fuel charges suck.

Torn

Name
Chris Thomas
Steven Hoodlebrink said:

I agree, I have one charge for everything. I do understand fuel surcharges though.

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
You folks misunderstand. The charge for spot removal visit is $75.

The $50 travel time and $25 for time on site is just my price breakdown, my calculation for what I should charge. I don't tell the customer that I am charging 50 bucks for this and 25 for that....

Anyway.... I am asking for advice and info on what you guys charge

Thanks
Paul

harryhides

Name
Tony
We have a min $75 and tell them which days we will be in their area.
Emergency service ( ie special trip ) will cost min $100.00

duckster

Your cost plus desired profit per hour is your minimum. Pulling figures out of everyone's hat here does not help in using that formula. Putting some numbers together does. This is after a business like any other. Not trying to be rude, just direct.

G

100.00 dollar min 45 minutes and farther out 150.00 min you need to make money

Paul Demers

Supportive Member
Name
Paul Demers
Thanks for input so far.

I stated my cost per room for cleaning and my minimum charge for cleaning, so I could get advice on pricing a quick spotting visit that makes sense in relation to my regular cleaning charges and minimum.

For example, let's say I cleaned the carpets for a customer in the past 3 months. 3 rooms at 55 per room, so $165 total. They now have a spot they want removed. If I charge too close to my regular minimum of $120 just to remove a spot, they might as well have me clean a couple of whole rooms.

If I charge $75 for a spotting visit, I make much more profit per hour. (assuming an easily removed spot )

I am thinking I actually should charge $60 for a spotting visit if my portable spotting machine can be uses, and $75 to $80 If I need very HOT Water and need to run hoses from the TM.

I would still make a profit charging $60, This low price might encourage folks to have me come and take care of an issue rather than risk them using a wrong product themselves, PLUS give me more FACE TIME with customer, and chance to seek more work from them cleaning some upholstery or something.

handdi

Supportive Member
Name
Randy
paul we charge 75 for prev customers
we have a 125 min also
We have not had any objections to this so far.
Randy

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Paul Demers said:
You folks misunderstand. The charge for spot removal visit is $75.

The $50 travel time and $25 for time on site is just my price breakdown, my calculation for what I should charge. I don't tell the customer that I am charging 50 bucks for this and 25 for that....

Anyway.... I am asking for advice and info on what you guys charge

Thanks
Paul

Best thing I could tell you then is figure out what your costs, and then figure out how much you want to make. The pricing is all up to you then.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Rightie Tightie said:

Its... PROFIT. I used to give away spotting visits too, until they started getting in the way of real jobs. $90 gets them 1/2 hour of spot removal here, $1/ minute thereafter.

Crazymcnick

How much do you guys charge to remove a stain after you cleaned the room... say they are getting their house cleaned and after the prespray, scrub and HWE there is a stain maybe a koolaid spill out of a sippy cup... what would you charge for something small like that... that would require some red relief or stainmagic.

Thanks
Tom

Crazymcnick said:
How much do you guys charge to remove a stain after you cleaned the room... say they are getting their house cleaned and after the prespray, scrub and HWE there is a stain maybe a koolaid spill out of a sippy cup... what would you charge for something small like that... that would require some red relief or stainmagic.

Thanks
Tom

What you charge really isn't relevant as long as both you and the customer feel it is fair. Try charging by the application instead of for each spot.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Crazymcnick said:

Thanks
Tom

Nothing generally, we build ALMOST all spotting into our price, it helps create value for your client (and how many red stains do you really work on?) Now if a rooms got 10 Kool-Aid spots in it, that's a different story.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom