charges

Able 1

Name
Keith
Did a basement flood yesterday.. Shoot me! I need some equipment!

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
Must be nice. All my blowers are at this one job and I'm in the shop drying rugs by swinging them in the air. not really.

Name
Nate W.
I got plenty...more than we need. We just bought 100 airmovers and a few dehumidifiers. Just waiting for Spring storms to.happen now.

@Desk Jockey bed...
scroogecash.gif

steve_64

Even when they did you a "favor", and did it themselves?! I hate that!
I have one customer that I have asked not to do that but every year she still does It and I put it all back to prespray the traffic lanes she covers up.

steve_64

It's true. Set a rate and every year raise your rate a penny a sq/ft or equivalent per room.

People notice when you wait years then try to make adjustments for time passed.
I went from $50 and $25 to $60 and $40. Lost a couple first timers Im aware of and a couple cheap folks that were a hassle.

Tempted to go $75 and $50 next year.

Raised my apartments just $5 each. First real increase in 8 years. That was last year.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's good Steve!

I'd go up smaller next year but make sure you do it every year.
8 years with no increase is impossible in nearly any business.

Somehow "we" cleaning professionals always fight inflation by championing price controls...on ourselves. :errf:

steve_64

Considering the other kind of charges on one of Gennys ex employees. Just recoverd 8 pair of sunglasses she stole from an account.

She was fired last week for information we got on her from gennys beautician and poor performance.

Got a call while on a job today from the owners just checking on some misplaced glasses. We went right over and I got her to fess up before she could deny it. I can be very persuasive!

Not sure the law will be involved yet but it was over $2000 in merchandise.

steve_64

I have to keep my figures so I can do the math in my head lol.

I deal with round figures only even my checking account is rounded to the nearest $10. Usually keep it rounded to the hundred.

I get $133.34 a month from Va disability and it bugs me enough I have to write at least one check with $.34 added in to keep it balanced.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
Lots of ways to skin a cat, as they say, when discussing how to charge for cleaning carpets.

I'm 3 room minimum for $99.99. Up to 15' x 15' (225 sq/ft) each . So potentially I could clean 675 sq/ft but that rarely if ever happens. I only give a discount on smaller rooms if it's less than 100 sq/ft - and then I only give a $5 off discount. I don't necessarily charge more if a room is 230 sq/ft but I do go up in price for what I consider L (large) +$15. Of course XL (double size) rooms are double in price. In the course of cleaning I do a lot of rooms closer to the 150 sq/ft as I do rooms at the 225 sq/ft limit.

I had raised my pricing about 2 years ago to 3 rooms for $120. At the beginning of this year I reduced back to the 3 for $99.99. I know that's going the wrong direction pricing wise that everyone wants to go but I had the gut feeling we were loosing more jobs due to pricing than we should have been. I think it has helped. My per job average hasn't really been affected as I was giving a FREE room when they paid for 5 rooms so when I reduced the price I took that discount away. Now they get a free hallway (limited) when they pay for 6 rooms cleaned. I didn't lower any other pricing - stairs cleaning price is still up, upholstery pricing I raised, and I raised upholstery pricing.

Reactions: ruff

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
I move a ton of stuff.

And I've NEVER encountered a situation that required "moving everything to one side of the room".
Okay, ran into one tonight. This isnt as bad as some but what would you do in the situation? Where are you going to stick everything while you clean? Keep in mind the porty has to go somewhere.

FredC

Village Idiot
lol...that has plenty of room to move around in.........don't see the need to shift everything to one side

I can see where you might prefer to do it that way....just not close to necessary

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
Explain. Are you just talking cleaning around things as you go? I'm talking about having all of the floor clear so I can just cruise and not worry about things

Name
Nate W.
Pick up the small stuff, place on top of the chairs, beds, couches........ Have furniture sliders for the heavier stuff, pre spray before you move the furniture so you catch the Traffic Areas, then move the furniture to where you've already sprayed, clean and replace furniture.... It's not rocket science and don't make your job harder than it already is....

Prep your customers to have the small stuff picked up and moved before you get there, that in itself will make your job go by way faster...

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
Pick up the small stuff, place on top of the chairs, beds, couches........ Have furniture sliders for the heavier stuff, pre spray before you move the furniture so you catch the Traffic Areas, then move the furniture to where you've already sprayed, clean and replace furniture.... It's not rocket science and don't make your job harder than it already is....

Prep your customers to have the small stuff picked up and moved before you get there, that in itself will make your job go by way faster...

prespray and slide or extract and slide?

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger

I'm at a computer and can actually type now. Are you putting the stuff where you have already presprayed, then cleaning where it goes and sliding it back then cleaning where you had it slid to?

I dont think you should put stuff where you have sprayed unless you are blocking it, right?

This is one of those common sense things that I am missing somewhere.

I am just trying to make sure I am not a dumbass and in going through all of this with you all that is exactly what I feel like. I prespray, usually crb everything, give it a little dwell time, and then extract.

I also know this is a busy week for many of you. I dont mind if you wait until things calm down to give an appropriate response.

Old Coastie

Supportive Member
Name
Stephen
1. Clear the decks as best you can.
2. Put sliders under whatever you plan to move.
3. Prevac and prespray everything you can.
4. Move stuff around. I bulldoze it all to one side.
5. Vac and spray and clean the areas under the furniture that you moved. Push the furniture back.
6. Clean the areas that you presprayed first, by now they have had LOTS of dwell time.
7. Tab everything you moved and take back your sliders.

Just common sense, really.

Reactions: Ron Werner

Travis Sonderegger

Supportive Member
Name
Travis Sonderegger
Sliders is what I do not have. Do they make a huge difference?

I need to get some. Do you guys just get yours off amazon? Is there a certain kind you prefer over others?

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Are you putting the stuff where you have already presprayed, then cleaning where it goes and sliding it back then cleaning where you had it slid to?

Yes! Prespray the traffic lanes/as much of the room as you can. Pull the chair/whatever out, clean it's spot put back on tabs or blocks. It's generally not going to hurt anything sitting on slightly damp carpet for 30 seconds. Now, if you leave some old wood stained chairs(like dining) on damp carpet, I have seen some stain come off(like 1 in 500). On damp carpet it rinses right out.

I dont think you should put stuff where you have sprayed unless you are blocking it, right?

I guess if ya got all day!:biggrin: Really, don't worry about it.

This is one of those common sense things that I am missing somewhere.

I think you just wanna do the best you can, nothing wrong with that. The better your system of cleaning/setting up/etc is only going to help.:rockon:

I am just trying to make sure I am not a dumbass and in going through all of this with you all that is exactly what I feel like. I prespray, usually crb everything, give it a little dwell time, and then extract.

Sound like you are kicking arse!

Name
Nate W.
We put sliders under the heavier pieces and then move it.. Put the little stuff on the couches, dinning tables, coffee tables.... Under furniture is more dusty then dirty...

Buy at least 6 sets of sliders from here.... Cheapest place for shipping I've found... @Ron Werner told me to buy from them about 6-7 years ago... One of the best decisions you'll ever make in this business.... Don't forget Sticky Tabs and a Lift buddy too.... I carry a spotting tote that holds my slides, spotters, lift buddy, sticky tabs, door stopper and small misc stuff....

Sliders:
https://www.hardwarestore.com/626213/shepherd-hardware-slide-glide-ii-white-pad-5-3-4x8-1-2-9338

or from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Smart-Surface...1461020450&sr=1-16&keywords=furniture+sliders

Sticky Tabs:
http://www.superiorcleaningsolutions.com/product-p/ac8403.htm

Lift Buddy:
http://www.superiorcleaningsolutions.com/product-p/lifbud.htm

Reactions: Ron Werner

Able 1

Name
Keith
Great price for sliders ^!

What are you using for your tote? I need to get something..

Name
Nate W.
I like the ones with the solid handles not like the loose flappy handles that don't hold the bags shape....

http://www.lowes.com/pd_552564-1492-1L-22218-HP_1z0zu65__?productId=50149562&pl=1

The bag I'm using is a Bostitch but I found it at Ross...... It's a cheap clothing store here, that sells other stuff too... It was $12 I think... The one I was looking at Home Depot was $50.... I liked the price of $12 better.... My other bag that wore out was around $20 that Lowes stopped selling... I liked to find a bag with the velcro straps on the side/top so my Lift Buddy can stay connected and out of the way...

20160418_131402.jpg
20160418_131446.jpg

Reactions: Able 1

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom