charging more for wool

Walt

Assuming the carpet is lightly soiled with no specialty spotting, do you charge more for wool wall to wall carpet cleaning?

Why?

Name
I'm Rick James
I have no problem cleaning wool so I see little point charging extra for it.

-JB-

Name
JB
Once a cleaner gets over the fear of cleaning wool , and uses appropriate procedures, products and temperatures, it's really no different than any other broadloom.

so no.

Walt

We clean wool all the time. Most of the cleaners in our area charge significantly more for it. I've asked why and have never gotten much of an answer except liability.

I don't charge more, unless there are special needs.

Bjorn

I would charge more for a pos olefin, wool is not a big deal

on the other hand if you have to justify you 27 step totally green cleaning process

Walt

who has a 27 step cleaning process?

Pre vac
pre spray
pre scrub traffic areas with CRB (if needed)
extract

I count 3-4 steps. And yes we prevac everything including empties.

Everybody gets the same price - no extra charge for difficult stains except for paint and only then if it's bad. We don't do severe pet damage so that's not an issue.

Bjorn

some have pre and post inspection as a process and final grooming

-JB-

Name
JB
Hey!

I wipe my feet before AND after i step on the carpets, that's two extra steps right there! :evil:

Name
I'm Rick James
Warren Wallace said:
So then that being said do you charge more for area rugs?

Do you charge extra for synthetic area rugs?

IMO dealing with rugs is alot different than dealing with wall to wall carpets.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Liability is the only real reason to charge more. Even with proper cleaning methods the likelihood of something going very wrong is much higher they with syntactic and it’s going to cost a hell of a lot more to fix.
I have personally had every seam rip and trackless strip pop after only pre-spraying a woven wall to wall wool carpet. If someone can afford wool carpet they should be willing to pay more to have it cleaned. If not, step aside and let your competitor take the risk for $.30 a Sq Ft.

Warren Wallace

Supportive Member
I do charge more for wool and area rugs.If you take your mercedes in for a oil change you will pay
more for an oil change, why because it cost more to replace. I charge more for area rugs in house,
but I charge the same for all area rugs.

Dan Lloyd

When you use Judson O2 on wool, do you use it at the regular dilution, or do you water it down a bit?

Name
Ron lippold
people pay way more for wool. I feel that if your not charging a bit more they dont feel happy.It might not be any harder to clean wool but the liability if more. I say charge if you have the balls and stand up to your work.

would you take your zo6 vette to a jiffy lube

anaroberts12

It all depends on the type of carpeting you do for your walls, wool rugs require more maintainance and cleaning so they cost more.
Regards
Steam Clean

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom