Chat Box on Mikey's Board

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think I mentioned this before and I'm not sure what the answer was....I mean, I know it was no obviously...but not sure why.

It would be cool to have a chat box on the clean room page (or it could span all pages) where an ongoing chat could be seen by all the members.

You could have a character limit (no I don't mean excluding Harper...although it's an idea. :| )
But say no more than a Twitter amount of words or so.

Just to be able to say "hey" to someone without hijacking or creating an entire thread About it.

I'm sure it wouldn't be that hard....and it would boost Mikey's post count (Gotta make Melon Head happy :roll: )

I think more people people would be apt to say something rather than just lurk.

Anyway.....
Anyone think this is a good or bad Idea?

Be prepared for me to shamelessly bump this thread until the powers that be hear about it.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Thats what the PM function is for, unless you really are full of yourself and want everyone to know what Brians doing.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
Thats what the PM function is for, unless you really are full of yourself and want everyone to know what Brians doing.
:roll:

The PM function Is for Private Messages...Helleur!

Just a box to do a quick "Hoodlemier crapped his pants from being to drunk on his B-day"

Or something like that.
Funny, but not important enough to start a thread about it. :mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Steven Hoodlebrink said:

BiNgO...MArY is a LonLeY man... :lol:

Maybe we can have a "pmS"...button... :idea:

Just for mArY.... :p
So we can "BitCh" at Bryan...at least once a month... :mrgreen:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Harper...you're just mad because of the exclusion remark.

I think you are projecting....are you having a "Midol" moment?

If you have an issue....here's a tissue. :mrgreen:

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Brian R said:
Harper...you're just mad because of the exclusion remark.

I think you are projecting....are you having a "Midol" moment?

If you have an issue....here's a tissue. :mrgreen:

i am "hUnG-OvEr".....OUCH.... thathurts

I threw my son at the "CouGaR"......While "I" lured her "kIttEn"...to another BAR... :wink:

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Steven Hoodlebrink said:
[quote="Brian R":19ua1pws]Funny, but not important enough to start a thread about it. :mrgreen:

Whats stopped you before ?[/quote:19ua1pws]

:lol:

Saw that coming.

Bruce and Mark...thanks for the links.
this was just going to be a quick add on...not really to have full on ongoing conversations about anything. Just quick comments.
You know I have problems explaining myself. :|

Mark, would it be an issue to do on Mikey's Board for any reason? Just a small box near the top.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I know what you want Brian, a small area below were you could add a quick note and everyone who is logged on could add to the ongoing chat while still posting or surfing the rest of the website. Mark he wants basically to add the greenhorn express to the main pages.

I like the idea because you have less threads started that may not have a purpose other than a quick HEY. So less threads to wade through when searching for content and helps the librarians keep up on all of the extra posting!

A couple of downsides is if you have an announcement about say a B day and you are a day late noticing it like you id with Hoodie, you would never have seen the announcement if it was a continous chat that I guess would have to reset every time you logged in

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Yeah, the idea is the chat starts when you log in...previous posts wouldn't show....this would keep people logged in longer as well.

You could always do the sticky type thing with b-day announcements etc as well in the same area.

The only problem would be the vulgarity would be hard to manage...but you could make severe consequences for any thing over the top, adult wise.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom