cheap rotory machine

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/d ... mber=94280

I know it will not do as good as a bigger machine. But I think for a guy that has little space in his truck, not tons of money in his pocket, and wants to to pre scrub before HWE I think this would do alright. We have prescrubbed with an RX20 with a bonnet head several times. I think this would work just as well. I think I will buy one for my back up truck.

Want do you guys think? For the price can you beat it?

Al

It looks good, it's worth a shot at that price.

Thanks for the info.

AL

Fon Johnson

Go to the store and look at it first. It is fairly flimsy, but not bad. We maintain the floors at the local store (believe it or not, one of my best accounts) and have looked at it. I am going to buy one just because it will take up next to no room on the truck, and it will be good enough for when you are just too tired to hand scrub small areas like baths and kitchens. If you don't expect a lot, you should be happy. Heck, I told the manager we could use it for a year or two and throw it away and get our monies worth. :lol:

RickL

Buffing

I've been doing quitwe a bit of color sealing tile and grout one of the markets for this are restrooms where you are working around and under things. This is perfect for buffing after color seal or a quick scrub of the tile (not heavy enough to get in the grout lines) but I'm going to look at it.
Thks.
BTW I've seen these on ebay for $299 plus shipping

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm a big HF geek.
I buy plenty stuff there.

I looked at and passed.
It look likes a cheap POS that would last us about 10 minutes before it broke

..L.T.A.

Greenie

OMG!
If the Fishmonger will pass on it, that says heaps.

I took a look at the pad and brush driver at the bottom of the page, that is all I had to see, can't be much torque there, what does it use double sided tape to stay on?

Just more Taiwaneese crap stealing American dollars.

How did we ever get sucked into accepting a disposable society?

charlie brown

Rx Prescrub

The RX makes a great pre-scrub. Years ago I took an old wood shower feed shampoo brush and screwed a brass adapter off a bonnet driver to it. Now one machine many uses, Shampoo scrub head, star, bonnet driver and hard surface. Saved some space. Now I wish I could find a reasonably priced handle with the lever adjust.

Jay D

Name
Jay D
I like harbor freight but that is junk. If you want a small machine, look at the powerflite 13", I think they go for about $500 and will last quite a while. the hf has a 19' power cord. I bought a 13" general at a thrift store one time for $20 and it did the job and fit the space, now I use a host machine. Either way something light and small to carry to the second floor of a home for aggitation.

Mister Sir

BRSUMMERVILLE

I bought a small rotary at sears ten years ago. Smaller than the one you are thinking of getting. It uses two small brushes. It works great for my needs. I use it for small rugs, on spots, and some times stairs & landings.

Clint Eastwood has this saying in one of his military movies. "We compensate, we adapt to the mission". Some thing like that.

Bob Rock

John Bolton

Adam,

The advertisement does not mention the speed - I feel that 180rpm is the most suitable overall for carpet work.

-JB-

Name
JB
How did we ever get sucked into accepting a disposable society?

amen.jpg

Attachments

• amen.jpg
    amen.jpg
    4.7 KB · Views: 165
G

Ask John Olson about the 15 inch machines he was running a blow out special on. Hell of a lot cheaper than Power Shit and a tad better too.

Back
Top Bottom