Check out my new Estimating/Invoicing system

DRScrivner

Just bought a new laptop. An Acer Aspire One, it is a Windows XP machine.

2.2 pounds!

http://shop2.frys.com/product/5720742?s ... IN_RSLT_PG>

I plugged in my USB MS Wireless Mouse- Blammo it works!

Bought an LG External USB DVD/CD burner with Lightscribe to easily load software (no on board CD/DVD/Floppy drives). Plugged it in- Blammo it works!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp ... 7717702793>

Used it to install my QB's 07 and my Cricket Wireless Broadband software. Plugged my Cricket USB modem in- Blammo it works!

Now I can estimate and invoice and e-mail them immediately in the field!

I am going to start using QB's Credit Card and be able to authorize them on the spot too.

In the next few days I am also hooking it into a wireless printer in my truck so I can print Estimates and Invoices from the clients houses and go out to the truck and get it waiting for me.

As long as you keep it for business only and install a bunch of junk this thing loads Windows in under 1:30 from boot up and shuts down even faster and is soooooooooooooo portable.

I will let you guys know how reliable it is.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
Thanks Del,

Keep us informed. I am curious as to how quick that Atom processor is. I haven't seen anyone compare it to the single core Celeron.

How long does QB take to load and run compared to the previous computer you were using.

DRScrivner

Well it's actually faster seeing as how the old laptop had a crapload of programs loaded up on it.

2:20 total from pressing the Power/On button to having QB's Premier 07 loaded and ready to use.

Light enough to carry EASILY from room to room as you do measurements and enter the square footage.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
now get trustfax service and you can fax everything from it also

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Looks pretty cool

5720742.big.jpg

8363415_ra.jpg

Keep us updated...sounds like something I would like to do.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
They have those at walmart right now. You going to use the built in webcam and show off your estimating skills on Mikey's Board Live?

DRScrivner

Brian Robison said:
Haven't seen a carpet cleaner yet that wasn't fugly..except for some of the ladies.
That makes me feel MUCH safer standing next to you at industry events or at a bar.

redbird

Dell.

Have you found a reasonably priced printer to use in the truck?

I have the same computer too. but still need a truck printer.

Thanks jim

DRScrivner

I bought a demo model Brother MFC-685CW at OfficeMax for $75.00

I have not got the router/wireless part of it set up yet, but I have used it via the USB cable. Works well that way.

Four seperate inkjet color cartridges. expensive if you buy at OfficeMax. CHEAP on the internet.

DRScrivner

Brian Robison said:
DRScrivner said:
[quote="Brian Robison":1zctd0mz]Haven't seen a carpet cleaner yet that wasn't fugly..except for some of the ladies.
That makes me feel MUCH safer standing next to you at industry events or at a bar.

Yea, but now I don't feel safe.[/quote:1zctd0mz]
I am lovable, but not THAT lovable.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
The Hp470 Officejet is portable and also WIFi and BlueTooth capable. Bring it right into the house with you.
I like the idea of being able to do the credit card authorization right from QB, but then you need the wireless card or a dial-up connection. I've just been taking the card number and processing it at home. Saves a lot of time and hassle.

Able 1

Name
Keith
Is that covered for the $99 per month? What is it per trans.?

Able 1

Name
Keith
I'll have to check that out...

I do hate American Express though! They charge me like 5.95 per trans..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom