check out this cleaning video..

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
it was a ad in the value pack..the guy loooks like he does a great job and the site seems pretty nice. look at the video about 1/2 way through it he starts cleaning, i noticed that he lifts the wand off the carpet all the time..we never lift the want off the carpet for the most part, it seems like he is doing a lot of extra work for nothing. he says he has a glide so it should run smooth. i just cant figure out what looks so weird about it. is it just me or does he look awkward in the video...other than that he seems like one of the good guys, i wonder why he is in the value pack. he is located pretty deep in the city of jax.

http://www.boldcitycarpetcare.com/index.html

Name
Nate W.
Imo, If he's going to state the IICRC requirements, why leave out the adgitation step? He says, if you choose to have the rotary drimaster used, does that cost extra? Be consistence with whatever method you use.

G

My clients can vac like that.I will say it again,infrequent use of the vacuum device results in alot of crap picked up when someone finally does. :roll: "If you teach them they will learn"

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
hhmm so i am the only one that doesn't pick up the want after every stroke? that is what seemed odd to me.. the wand also looks like a 1-1/2 tube but i could not really tell.

Mike Draper

I always clean at about half that speed. I never pull the wand up either. Well, actually when I do apts I clean at that speed.

Spurling

He probably thinks it would clear the tube faster by picking the wand up .. giving him more suction .. looks like he pre-sprayed the x-mas presents.. also a little light on the protector.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Spurling said:
He probably thinks it would clear the tube faster by picking the wand up ...

actually, it does.
That little whoosh of airflow helps clear the hoses of solution.
It's not for better "suck" (lift/hg) per say, it helps with airflow and water in the hose .

It's really helpful if you happen to be cleaning in basement rec rooms with long hose runs.

just gives the system a "breath" now and then

..L.T.A.

CleanEvo

I lift mine every few strokes, it helps clear the hose. It probably depends on your machine, I only have a 4 blower, so I find it helps.

Steve Smith

RCTPKS said:
Strange technique, I would think it could cause some over wetting at the spot he lifts up?

You stop triggering the solution right before you lift the wand off the carpet.

I lift the wand at the end of every back stroke.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
interesting i never thought of it as clearing the tube. i run my butler on high speed all the time and have never thought of needing to do it.
i would think it would get old after a while always lifting the wand up.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
POS wand he uses and charges more to use that POS drimaster?

I didn't see any dry strokes either.

And he uses that old BS Joey P crap with a 24 hour hotline .

TOO MUCH info on what equipment he uses just like about every dick head carpet cleaner out there. That doesn't market to women.

Mike Draper

Walrus said:
POS wand he uses and charges more to use that POS drimaster?

I didn't see any dry strokes either.

And he uses that old BS Joey P crap with a 24 hour hotline .

TOO MUCH info on what equipment he uses just like about every dick head carpet cleaner out there. That doesn't market to women.

someone's upset!!

Name
Kevin McCreary
I have never met 2 cleaners that used the wand the same way.
Lets just say some are more graceful than others.
Also who did you learn to use a wand from?
There's no school that teaches it.
Most people learn from someone else.
with the exception of franchises that have training.
I use the wand 10 different ways on one room sometimes
depending what I'm cleaning, who's watching, tired,
amount of swing room, etc.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
i agree kevin but it seemed like he had plenty of room to be a little more smooth and fluent. it just looked like he was fighting things a little too me..its funny you asked who tought me how to use a want because i really dont remember but i have had a bunch of guys come down and work with me for a day or so and watching them run a wand was really funny. when i showed them how we do it their eyes lit up and they got all excited. i never really thought about it that way..if o one shows you then how do you know good technique. someone should make a video

Name
Kevin McCreary
I have always wondered for 20 years if one way was better
than another. I know there are wrong ways to do it for sure!
I guess its whatever works for you, but the guy in the video
looked like a guy with his second day on the wand.

TimP

Lifting the wand is ok. Like stated above it will clear the wand and vac hose of water. However like stated above I didn't see any dry strokes and I can't tell if he's triggering forward and back. With that wand he's using he probably needs at least two passes. However I'm guessing just one is being administered. Anyways I bet his dry times are probably pretty high unless he uses 2-300 psi max and actually does dry passes that we aren't seeing, or uses air movers.

I'd have to say after watching the video he's better than average. I'd give him an 7.5-8 out of 10. 10 being mikey status of course, and 7 being average. I'd probably be a 9-9.5 sinc I'm no mikey.

CleanEvo

People are sometimes a little stiff when they're on camera, he probably knows what he's doing, he's been in business for a while and it looks like he has new equipment so he's not a broke dick. At least he's using a glide. I still use a 1.75" glided wand with a 10' 1.5" whip and I usually get 4 - 6 hour dry times no problem.

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'd guess he's trying to look careful and cautious on camera. A customer watching an experienced pro would probably think they were moving too fast.

If he cleans that way he's losing any potential heat build-up and taking the agitation step completely out of the system. Oh wait, he's using a glide anyway. Never mind.

I sent a couple of techs to an IICRC course where they showed proper wand technique. It was exactly what I teach - good instructor. 8)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Or to throw another spin on thinks.. He upsells the drimaster on most jobs and doesn't use the wand all that often except to detail edges. If you use the drimaster at 3-350 psi its suppose to guarentee 1-2 hour dry times without a dry pass. when I use my drimaster, I always use a dry pass and usually end up with 1/2 hour to hour dry time... But I wand most things these days.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
from how he sounds and looks int he video he is both nervous and doing everything awkward. he is just doing a video production for his potential custys and i think it was ok for the message of his product and services he is trying to sell.

You dont hold your hand over the hose and notice how it builds. When you lift it causes areas in the hose to pool and restrict flow. The longer the wand stays on the carpet the more even it will look. If i do tend to lift alot i will stop ond remove hose from wand to let the line clear. The more work my machine can do the less i have to .

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom