Chem dry booth at Home depot. ( need to get a pic! )

Becker

Name
Becker
I was at home depot yesterday.

Right inside the door was a table, a guy hanging out coupons for carpet cleaning.
I slow to take a quick look as I pass.

F- on the booth.

Alex's 2nd grade science fair display looked more professional ( he did win for his grade, and over all. )

A folding table, guy in casual clothes passing out fliers.

On the table was some home Depot buckets.

Taped to the buckets were sheets of white paper, in sharp a hand written sign..
Spring carpet cleaning.

I'm gunna be heading north later today, and might swing in for a picture.

Pretty sad attempt at sales.

The Girl scouts had a better display out side the Safeway last week, and looked more professional in there uniform and soccer moms close at hand.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
the local guy here refused to do it..he said that chem dry was pushing them hard to put a employee at the door of the local home depot..he asked them what sense that made when the rent a carpet cleaning machine..

G

Each franchise has a first come first take on a HD location. Once you pick one up, you must do a minimum of sales through the HD phone number that identifies you as the franchise. There are different ways you can market the HD, through a booth or have an employee go up and down the isles passing out the information. I've seen this advertised for a full time HD carpet cleaning sales person with a minimum sales quota. I think the franchise has to pay a referrel fee for each customer and they must use the newer RX-20 (powerhead) on the cleanings. Do we have a Chem Dry person on the board to tell us if this is successful for them?

Vinnie

RIP
Name
Vincent Annunziato
By me the HD only sells Chemdry when they sell an installed new carpet, they sell it as a 3 year warranty program. For carpet cleaning alone they tell you to rent there Rugdoctor mach.( Just as powerful as a TM.

PS: 99% of the time the asso. taking your new carpet install order doesn't even offer the chemdry deal. And that comes from a person I know who works at the H.D.

royalkid

Supportive Member
Name
Gulf Coast Carpet Care
Eric, we give out spot removers and coupons...usually walk away with about 12-15 leads and 2-3 booked jobs...for about 4 hours at the store. Chem-Dry's don't just get to pick which stores they want (someone said 1st come 1st serve)...not all CD's have TM's or powerheads...and then there's a 5-star training program (master tech) and after 2 years you can become a "circle of excellance" member...so, the more boxes you fill, the more HD's you'll get.

Al

Due to the lack of ChemDry outfits in my area, we have been contracted to clean HD accounts. We have done it for 3 years now, the contract usually covers 500 or 1000 sf. Anything over that and upsells we bill the customer. We don't get many but they pay the price we asked, so what the heck.

8)

Becker

Name
Becker
Did not make it back till Easter.

Glad to see Chemdry took the day off, to bad Home Depot did not.

I see if they are there next week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom