Chem-Tex question?

Rex Tyus

I have a friend with an entry level Chem-Tex. The heat exchanger is cracked and they quoted him around $1200 to replace. Anyone have experience with these? Can they be patched effectively?

Thanks,

Rex

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Rex;

I think that he can get a good replacement for less than that.

He will have to do some additional plumbing, but it should still be less.

Larry Cobb

G

REX on the entry level chemtex 15hp panther . there is only one exchanger on it. the exchnager comes out of the one exhuast port and has a tendency to crack on the outside just where the exhust enter the exchnger on the houseing. Yes it can be welded. However one should put an extra brace acroos the bottom of the exchanger.

If the coils are cracked then you need a new hx. If you like call me anytime I will be willing to talk.

940-642-2503
nick

Rex Tyus

Thanks Nick. You just described practically the exact problem my friend has. I havn't seen it yet, so I don't know about the coils. But I will gratefully accept you number.

Respectfully ,
Rex

Greenie

I'm gonna go with the guess that the coil inside it is split and he actually has water leaking, which is why he knew it was faulty in the first place.

I'm gonna say based upon location at least consider a replacement from John's custom.
Probably pick up some net heat as well as those exchangers are very efficient.

Greenie

I didn't mean to cut Larry off, I just observed his physical location and John's Custom is close enough to help tomorrow.

Hey Greenie, I spoke with John about making me a HX for a 10,000 watt generator powered by a 13 HP Briggs. He said he has one to fit the unit. I never thought to ask him what kind of heat I could expect from it though. Do you think i'll need to post heat? I will be running about 200 feet of hose and the wand will have a .6 total jet opening. My pump will be set at about 400psi and about 1.5 - 2.2 gpm

Farenheit251

Dominick, I'd expect 150-160 degrees. You are probably better off just going with one propane heater. John makes good stuff but your powerplant is just too small. Also Briggs run alot cooler exhaust than Kohler. Brian E

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom