Chemcial rinse settings

Rich Holcomb

I am wondering how much rinse solution I should be drawing for approximately 75 gallons of waste water.

I marked my solution jug on my last cleaning job and with 75 gallons of waste water I had only drawn about an inch down on the solution jug, (five gallons).

My chemical setting is set between 2 and 3 but I am thinking that something may either be plugged or not calibrated correctly.

Rex Tyus

Rich Holcomb said:
I am wondering how much rinse solution I should be drawing for approximately 75 gallons of waste water.

I marked my solution jug on my last cleaning job and with 75 gallons of waste water I had only drawn about an inch down on the solution jug, (five gallons).

My chemical setting is set between 2 and 3 but I am thinking that something may either be plugged or not calibrated correctly.

Dilution rates vary by product. A common dilution ratio is .5 oz per gallon ready to use. This works out to approximately 1 gal of stock solution per 10 gallons of water. If your stock mix is 24 oz per 5 gal container. I think. For Powders anyway.
Liquids are usually 32 oz per 5 gal stock container.

G

I would check your draw, that seems a little low. that is 2or3 gallons an hour and 75 gal. waste probably took 45 min at least in normal cleaning,so it should have gone down more than 1 inch.

Kevin

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I agree with Kevin, it is low.
The siphon pull is also greatly influenced by the pressure of water coming from the water hose. (Assuming you don't carry your own water.) I wish they would come with a flow regulator to eliminate that issue.

Anyhow, the chemical meters are not very accurate to begin with. I set it at the number I need, I start on the low side, and check how much it pulls and also how it is cleaning. Some places require more, some you can do with less.

Best of luck
Ofer

Back
Top Bottom