Chemical Mixing Ratio

lesterj2

Im new to the whole truckmount scene so I was wondering how do you go about mixing the chemicals. Im use to the ol' Rug Doctor from my local Wal-Mart.

If I wanted to mix my Powdered Extraction Detergent with my Odor Counteractant all into my 5 Gallon solution bottle would it be possible without screwing something up. That way I could clean and deodorize at the same time...

I bought a 50# container of Carpet Cop [Truckmounts: 1 1/2 lbs. per 5 gal. stock (Meter)]... And I have 1Gallon of Multi-Fresh Citrus Odor Counteractant [Truckmounts: 32 oz. per 5 gal. stock (Meter)]..

John Watson

Saw your tm photos, Don't you have some sort of supplier or dist in your area, You need some good ol brotherly advice GA has to have someone close to you.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
It appears that the Multi-Fresh is tailor designed to be added to the detergent mix on a truck-mount, so you should not have a problem.

Most odor counteractants though are ordinarily used AFTER cleaning. The rationale is that any product used to counter an odor is more effectively used on a carpet that has been voided or cleaned of the malodorous substance, leaving only a trace residue to be treated. This facilitates a more conservative use of the deodorizer chemicals, having two advantages. First, less chemical, means less product cost. But more importantly there is less chemical residue which lessens the chance for soil attracting residue, and is more beneficial from a health standpoint. The less chemical cost is not so great a factort, since you are saving a labor step.

However, it appears that when Multi-fresh is selected, the manufacturer dictates that their product is ordinarily added to the cleaning step. As such, it is probably most useful for slight malodors or general staleness.

mdash29

How do you like Carpet Cop. Does it work good as a prespray also? I was thinking of using it but have never heard about it before.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom