Chemical Pump

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
This is the second time the chemical pump died. The last time GP replaced it under warranty. The springs keep breaking. I wish I knew how many hours from the last time it broke. This one was installed in April of 2019 but I didn’t right down the hours.

Am I the only one having the problem with the springs breaking ❓I run ice as my main rinse. When we clean tile I run ammonia.

Luckily I bought 6 springs the last time as back ups.

E07ECD7B-156C-457A-899C-A280FDDC7744.jpeg 7C981CED-2077-4EB0-ACED-3D668C19F876.jpeg

Reactions: Nomad74

Andy

Name
Doesn't Matter
Like Mike said what is the PSI rating on the chemical pump and what pressure are you running it at?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
That should be a high pressure chemical pump. I switched over to that pump earlier this year. No problems yet, but I don't use any hard core acid rinses either. I'm assuming that's the cause because that ICE rinse is pretty aggressive last time I used it

Reactions: scotty747

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I think going from acid to ammonia back to acid is what's doing it. At least not helping. I have never heard of running ammonia through your rinse. Ammonia is always hard on seals and pump components.

Reactions: Jimmy L

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
First off the spring is stainless. Neither ice nor ammonia should affect it. It is a CHEMICAL PUMP so you would assume they chose appropriate materials. As far as affecting seals , what seals. It injects it after the pump. My hose shut offs are Teflon. Running hot ammonia at 2000psi on tile especially nasty tile works like a charm. The first one lasted 454 hrs and only had ice or soft water. It’s rated for 3000 and the pump only goes to 2500.

Unfortunately You can’t tell when it breaks because it still works until it gets really destroyed. It was working fine. I pulled the pump because it was leaking oil. I figured I’d just change the spring while it was out.

The same thing happens to the springs in the jets. I’m sure everybody has experienced that. Stainless just isn’t a good material for a spring in my opinion. I don’t know the hours on this one, I wish I did. I guess every time I change the engine oil I’ll change out the spring. I doubt you’ll be able to tell if it’s getting ready to break.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
First off the spring is stainless. Neither ice nor ammonia should affect it. It is a CHEMICAL PUMP so you would assume they chose appropriate materials. As far as affecting seals , what seals. It injects it after the pump. My hose shut offs are Teflon. Running hot ammonia at 2000psi on tile especially nasty tile works like a charm. The first one lasted 454 hrs and only had ice or soft water. It’s rated for 3000 and the pump only goes to 2500.

Unfortunately You can’t tell when it breaks because it still works until it gets really destroyed. It was working fine. I pulled the pump because it was leaking oil. I figured I’d just change the spring while it was out.

The same thing happens to the springs in the jets. I’m sure everybody has experienced that. Stainless just isn’t a good material for a spring in my opinion. I don’t know the hours on this one, I wish I did. I guess every time I change the engine oil I’ll change out the spring. I doubt you’ll be able to tell if it’s getting ready to break.
I've had the same issues with the springs in the jets. I don't use them any more. I'm just thinking going from acid to ammonia would affect the temper of the steel.

Reactions: Jimmy L

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I think going from acid to ammonia back to acid is what's doing it. At least not helping. I have never heard of running ammonia through your rinse. Ammonia is always hard on seals and pump components.
Ammonia is pretty common here..

Reactions: Cleanworks

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
There aren’t any rubber diaphragms in these to blow. Your thinking of the older units. This is a newer 3000 psi chemical pump. It has a stainless spring with a stainless plunger. The plunger has flat o-rings around it which aren’t affected at all by the cleaning products

For those who blame the products, what goods a chemical pump that can’t take chemicals. I’m using the same products as I did before on the other unit. It survived just fine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom