Chinese Dry Wall

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
The chinese drywall has been an unexpected boost to my income. I went to a couple of the meetings that the lawyers are having to round up clients and they are recommending in this area that you remove your furnishing and have then cleaned twice. I don't know where they came up with the protocol but it works for me. I met with one of the lawyers who has over 100 clients so far and that it is recommendation. He agreed to pass out my card to his clients. I picked up 3 people yesterday that I spoke to at a meeting and hope to get more. It's surprising how many people are throwing out their furniture. Anybody having this problem in their community I would suggest you also go to any meetings. It is a great opportunity to meet people who will need your help. I doubt any of your competitors will be there.

Has there been any recommendations for procedures in our industry for dealing with this problem?

Gene

Jeff Madsen

Supportive Member
Name
Jeff Madsen
It looks to me like there is no currently mandated federal or state remediation protocol. As such, I don't know if I would clean anything without a waiver of some kind. At the very least, I would follow S300 to the letter and document it. The same folks who are convinced they should be suing the manufacturers and importers and retailers and installers probably won't shy away from suing you at some later point for failing to properly remove the 'boogey-man' from their upholstery.

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
I am doing this at the recommendation of the attorney that is already suing for them. I feel safe since we will be following his guidelines. We did have a special invoice made up just for these cases. It should do the trick. It just basically says that since there is no protocol we will do the best of our ability to remedy this problem. However no guarantee can be given that cleaning will in any way solve this problem.

Gene

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
In short, the term Chinese Drywall refers to tainted drywall imported from China which corrodes copper and metal surfaces, often gives off a foul odor, and can make you sick.
They still don't have all the facts and may builders have offered to remove it and replace all the drywall and anything contaminated by it. The problem is lawyers got involved and are just trying to line their pockets. They are also lining a lot of other companys pockets, including my own. The work is there and someone is going to do it so I started attending the meetings. I got the idea from a customer who is an attorney. He was the one that initially told me about everything having to get cleaned twice.

Gene

-JB-

Name
JB
Sounds kinda ambulance chasing, so I say....

ambulance_chasing.gif

GO FOR IT!

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
Are you sure that this project doesn't require special licensing like asbestos abatement ?

As of right now no special license is required.

The only current choices are get it all cleaned or throw it out.

Gene

minuteman

How long have you been hooked up with this?

What states have been affected with this DW ?

Is Ca. One of Them ?

Is It Class Action or Other ?

Ask Your Lawyer For all Information & submit P.M Or Post To All, Just Do It!

Greg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom