Chinese plastic virus?

Mikey P

Administrator
Ive seen it, and there's some mentions of it on MB but have YOU personally seen where cheap plastic furniture legs have bled into carpet?

question came up in the S100 review

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Yes, a few times.

To be clear, not first hand....but got calls about it.

Name
Lee Stockwell
For at least 10 years, first seen in new off-campus housing complexes. Brand new furniture, near permanent stains.

But they didn't care....

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
First saw this in a posh law firm 30+ years ago. All of their new chairs had plastic wheels, so the tech didn't consider them a problem. We were able to remove about half the ninety or so stains, and replaced the carpet in one office to use the remainder for inserts.

Since then every wheel or leg gets tabbed, blocked or the chair is put up to make sure it doesn't happen again.

F

FB7777

I've seen it on leather furniture. Both the legs bleeding and the center screw holding them onto the either rusting or leaching out a yellow chemical.
We had a similar situation

fortunately the customer was also a friend

he joked that it was great that had permanent marks so he knew exactly where to put the furniture when it was moved out to clean or vacuum

expensive furniture but plastic legs that looked like wood grain

Mikey P

Administrator
First saw this in a posh law firm 30+ years ago. All of their new chairs had plastic wheels, so the tech didn't consider them a problem. We were able to remove about half the ninety or so stains, and replaced the carpet in one office to use the remainder for inserts.

Since then every wheel or leg gets tabbed, blocked or the chair is put up to make sure it doesn't happen again.

30?

The pre and post inspection chapter is so inclusive, I'm surprised there isn't a mention already..

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
We had a similar situation

fortunately the customer was also a friend

he joked that it was great that had permanent marks so he knew exactly where to put the furniture when it was moved out to clean or vacuum

expensive furniture but plastic legs that looked like wood grain

When anyone contacts me with a "potential claim level" damage call, the first question I ask is this:

"What is your relationship like with your customer? If they'd let you marry their daughter, this will be an easy fix. If they want your firstborn's blood as a sacrifice for your sins, nothing you do will get you out of this claim"

Lucky you on that one Fred.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
I can remember black plastic caps for metal legs on a high-top table leaving permanent stains about 25 or so years ago. Each stain was about the size of a quarter. We trued everything to remove it and ended up retufting the area. The customer was satisfied.

I also had a child's plastic slide leave a permanent stain on carpet about 10 or so years ago. We had to replace that room of carpet.

Name
jack zerkie
Iv'e had good luck with stain solve from Cobb sorry but a good product. Worked as long as the home owner has NOT used their home remedy I used stain solve and it was gone. The smell is a bit strong maybe thats why it works. jz

Reactions: Old Coastie

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
When anyone contacts me with a "potential claim level" damage call, the first question I ask is this:

"What is your relationship like with your customer? If they'd let you marry their daughter, this will be an easy fix. If they want your firstborn's blood as a sacrifice for your sins, nothing you do will get you out of this claim"

Lucky you on that one Fred.
How many daughters are you allowed to marry?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom