Chopped pork

hogjowl

Idiot™
I've seen quite a few of you Judson Juice users indicate that you love the Oxygen prespray and hot sauce combo, unless you have a trashed job. I realize that each areas soil is different, and you can't always expect the same results in your area that other cleaners experience in their areas. However, it always surprises me to see that claim. I sometimes wonder if that is not a bulletin board myth that has grown a life of it's own on the net, because Oxygen prespray is my go-to product for trashed jobs.

I used to laugh at folks who said they bought a high flow/high recovery/high heat truck mount and experienced an increase in their production times. My thoughts on the subject were that a good prespray was the equalizer and folks simply made that claim to justify their purchase. Well, after spending the past month cleaning schools with my Vortex, I have to say there is truth to that claim. My production times have gone from around 500 to 650 sf/hr with my TCS unit up to 750 to 850 sf/hr with the Vortex. (That's single wanding.) On those days when my son has helped me, and we dual wanded, we flew through the footage with plenty of heat and suction.

Those of you who are sending out newsletters to your customers ... are you seeing a serious return for your money? I am considering hiring Bruce DeLoach to write my newsletters and need to know what your experiences have been. Should I send them out at all ... send them monthly ... or quarterly?

-JB-

Name
JB
Quarterly, not so much for the info you provide as just to get your name in front of them again, the constant contact is crucial to your longevity as a business, been doing mine since '97, however I gotta admit, it's getting old.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Monthly would get expensive, plus who really wants to be that close to their carpet cleaner. I would go quarterly.

:mrgreen:
That being said we send out the Restorator newsletter (Lee Pemberton write it) monthly to restoration target list.

I would also keep your UGLY mug out of if at all possible! :p

joe harper

Name
joe harper
COME......on.........Marty,

YOU are in ALABAMA....Us Southerners don't go for that Newsletter BS......
Our Custy's....Don't READ that JUNK MAIL....NO-body wants to waste their time
reading a Carpet Cleaning NEWSLETTER.......

We just ask if they would mind giving us their birth date..."NOT THE YEAR".....

Then we send them a "BIRTHDAY CARD"....It is much more personal & the people
Appreciate the thought .....Being GOOD southern people they will almost always
call you back ......to thank you for the card !!!

For some of our elderly cleints ....It is the ONLY card they get...

I GUARENTEE you...When they need their carpets cleaned...They will repay your KINDNESS..

OK...Everone can NOW pile-on with the DUMB...SOUTHERNERS JOKES... like we G.A.S. :roll:

Greenie

Split subject post....

I probably get 2 or 3 calls a week from new Judson Juice users raving about how wonderful it is, so I question what happened with the guys who thought it wasn't any better than their high pH enzyme cleaner at twice the concentration.....okay I'm poking fun a bit, but seriously I'm baffled why it work on 8 guys and not 2 in a group?

TimP

Greenie said:
Split subject post....

I probably get 2 or 3 calls a week from new Judson Juice users raving about how wonderful it is, so I question what happened with the guys who thought it wasn't any better than their high pH enzyme cleaner at twice the concentration.....okay I'm poking fun a bit, but seriously I'm baffled why it work on 8 guys and not 2 in a group?

The stuff does work for most situations.

That's not the problem I have with the booster and juice. The problem I have is that for the money you put into the gallon of cleaner you put down with the O2 system, and time you spend scrubbing with it to do trashed out places. You can do the same job for less with other agents.

Don't get me wrong I love the O2 prespray, and I use it for most of my jobs.

The best thing for people on the fence is to try it and see what you think. Make your own decision. I try to use every prespray people rave about that I can get from suppliers I use so that I can make a decision on what works for me. Also price of the product plays a huge factor as well.

-JB-

Name
JB
Getting old for you, or your customers?

Do you write your own?

Do your customers mention your NL ever?

Write my own, getting old for me, writing them that is, after 12yrs of doing it I still feel I owe it to my custys to make it fresh, so I don't re use any of the old stuff, cept the format.

And actually I do get A LOT of comments from cutys on them, they really read that dang things! Cousre I bribe them w/a couple tricks to get them to do it, :wink: but they still read it.

TimP

admiralclean said:
See? That's another unrealistic post regarding Judson juice. Why do you have to spend time prescrubbing?

I don't.

I don't either for regular residential. When it's trashed I do, or at least it's much more likely that it will be needed especially with the o2 system. That's what we were talking about (trashed carpet with O2 system) wasn't it? Or was I reading some other thread??? :roll:

Besides if you do your math you'll see that power burst is cheaper to use at 2 oz per gallon vs 6 or 8 oz of o2 prespray plus 1 oz of the modifier at 7.50 bucks a pound, and that's for trashed carpet.

The way I see it it costs .75 for a gallon RTU at 2 oz per gallon of power burst. The O2 you're at 1.66 a gallon for 6 oz per gallon then add the modifier on top of it. Now add that you're much more likely to have to scrub the O2. So what would you use??? I know I'd be using something more cost effective. I know that math may be something that's hard for you guys. But I'm sure if you take the time to do the math you'll see what I'm talking about.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I never use 6 oz of O2. I always use 2 oz's per gallon and when trashed, I simply add the 1 oz of booster. Spray and dwell and no prescrubbing is necessary. At least not in my area.

Do you live on Mars?

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
I'm baffled why it work on 8 guys and not 2 in a group?

because not all dirt is created equal........

cobbs stuff works great for me on just about everything....But it won't even budge a a light soiled house for some...

That stuff you put out..I ended up re cleaning a whole house.....but I here that it worked great for others...

jet black rich soil in the northern states.....red slimy red clay soil in central and dry dusty abrasive plain old dirt here.complete different make up...complete different reactions......

TimP

admiralclean said:
I never use 6 oz of O2. I always use 2 oz's per gallon and when trashed, I simply add the 1 oz of booster. Spray and dwell and no prescrubbing is necessary. At least not in my area.

Do you live on Mars?

No I don't live on Mars. I'm going by what the instructions say for mixing.

I'm starting to think you don't clean trashed places, maybe medium soil is the worst you see????

Regardless for trashed places I use Pros Choice extreme clean with 18 oz vs 20 oz in the hydroforce (and 20 oz is what it says on the bottle). The Judson O2 costs me 35 bucks plus shipping on it. The extreme clean costs me 30 bucks shipped for a tub.

I prefer the O2 on residential owner occupied because it does a great job, deodorizes and leaves a much happier customer. In trashed rental crap all the bonuses don't matter. It just matters if it comes clean or not.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Judsen wasn't effective to me and at times it bothered people with the smell.

Cobb's Powermaxx was good but it clogged up my multisprayer.

So I go back to powerburst for everything. I use smaller concentrations for less dirty applications. As low as 1 scoop in a two gallon jug multisprayer sometimes.
For pet stains add a cup of 40 volume and BAM!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I always scrub the carpet after prespraying. give it a good amount to dwell time too.
I have the bigger spraymaster jug, mix it at about 8oz/gal but using a yellow tip, its 8:1 dilution. On trashed, I'll use 8oz.gal with no tip and add in 4 tablespoons of hot sauce. Cuts through pretty nicely.

-JB-

Name
JB
GEEEZE!

It ought to!

But can you breathe at 8oz. per gal.?

cough cough.

Bob Foster

I'm switching to Tide with Cold Power and I'm going to take one spark plug out of my TNT so I can cut my fuel bill in half...

Back
Top Bottom