Chrohn’s Disease...

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
Oooh. That's not fun. I have diverticulitis which is an inflammation of pouches that form in the intestine and get infected which is pretty easy to control by not eating certain foods. Unfortunately Crohns is a little harder to control from what I hear but still can be controlled by eating bland food and cutting out dairy and junk food that causes inflammation.

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Better to diet and eat stuff that may not be so palatable then get sick!

Praying you two do well through this!

Reactions: Nomad74

randy

Name
Randy
I subscribe to the belief that it's just TOXIC OVERLOAD of the human body with a fancy name. I would check out www.renewlife.com and google the founder Brenda Watson. Tons of free videos and she has a bunch of books like Fiber 35 that could be of great help. Also I would become an expert on probiotics. Also research Gerson therapy. Tons of lectures on youtube. Including from the founder's daughter who is still traveling doing lectures in her late 90's.

Last edited:

Acp

Name
Bjorn Marshall
start drinking green smoothies and watch ur diet big time.

my brothers Dr thought he had it.. was basically just a combination of a not so great diet and stress.

green smoothies every morning are super important. I do apple cider vinegar with 4 cups of spinach, kale, arugula mix, unflavored probiotic yogurt, banana, protein powder, berries. Every single morning for the last 2 years and I can say between that and weight training I have never felt better in my life.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
I had a good friend who had Crohn's disease for a couple of decades. He has since died, but not from Crohn's - cancer & heart related. He had surgery for the Crohn's. And he had to wear a colostomy bag. However he lived a "normal" life with it. He stayed active right up through his early 80's. There are also Crohn's support groups that can help you get a handle on it. It's not fun, but it's not as bad as you may think either.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
I have a family member that had severe ulcerative colitis which I believe has some similar characteristics. He battled 3-4 years trying all sort of different treatment and drugs but in the end, just removed the affected intestine and now has a bag.

Quality of life got so much better after he got the bag, all being relative.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
I have ulcerative colitis and I agree diet has a lot to do with it. 2 of my sister's have the same issue. One has a colostomy bag but because of that she now leads a pretty good life. I really don't think there's a one size fits all approach to make things better. I wish you the best of luck. BTW - Asacol was considered the best med for treatment.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom