Cimex and the mills

Could someone please tell me about the cimex on commercial carpet. Are their some carpets/mills I am not allowed to use the machine on. I need some education on the cons of using this machine. Do not want to get in trouble. And most importantly I want to have the answer, so I don't get outsold by my competitor. Thank You, Ron

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney

The Preacher

it's funny that John Garger of Tandus is on the LMCCA BOD and Cimex Ricky was or still is???

a Whittaker type CRB is great on most CGD, but if it's moderatly soiled a Cimex will out clean (appearence only) a CRB and a properly used bonnet will out clean them both!!!

G

Lets face it guys; anything other than HWE isn't a real cleaning method. Rotary methods are ways of pushing the dirt deeper into the carpet fibers.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Danny Strickland said:
it's funny that John Garger of Tandus is on the LMCCA BOD and Cimex Ricky was or still is???

a Whittaker type CRB is great on most CGD, but if it's moderatly soiled a Cimex will out clean (appearence only) a CRB and a properly used bonnet will out clean them both!!!

Danny, I'm relatively ignorant of the bonnet method, could you please expand on this as to equipment (machine make & type), type of bonnets, product (juice) and method.

Always looking for other ways of improvement if possible.

Thanks for your time.

Ooroo,

:roll:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I use a Tennet 175/300 buffer with tuway pads.

Danny's right the CRB and a 300 buffer do a great job.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Hey yodles.. he already has a cimex.. he's not thinking of purchasing one, he just wanted to know what carpet it was supposedly banned against. No need to sell him on anything.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Lets face it guys; anything other than HWE isn't a real cleaning method. Rotary methods are ways of pushing the dirt deeper into the carpet fibers.
Well if you're going to make that statement then anything other than a TM is just a toy. Especially portables!!!!!!!!!!
:p

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I have some Mohaw/Bigelow Modular carpet tiles that are HWE or brush clean only

Rickie said:

so now you are not saying that it rots the carpet

The Preacher

Shorty Down Under said:
[quote="Danny Strickland":2h4fqd4k]it's funny that John Garger of Tandus is on the LMCCA BOD and Cimex Ricky was or still is???

Danny, I'm relatively ignorant of the bonnet method, could you please expand on this as to equipment (machine make & type), type of bonnets, product (juice) and method.

Always looking for other ways of improvement if possible.

Thanks for your time.

Ooroo,

:roll:[/quote:2h4fqd4k]

single or dual speed buffer for machine. i like a 17" machine personally.

Cobbs cotton bonnet pads (thin, but very good scrubbing abilitly) good for about 100sf max per pad. I think Clake Lancaster sells a similar pad. Tuway looped bonnet (cotton/rayon blend) good for scrubbing and very absorbent can clean about 150sf per side.

PowrFlite PowrSorb bonnet, more absorbent than a Tuway but very little scrubbing power (i normally use those as a buff or finish bonnet after scrubbing with a more agressive pad).

bonnet cleaning can be done very effectively if you have the right tools in the box.

As for juice, my fav is VacAway products, but Ricky Gelinas makes a great product as well if you can get it down there.

hope this helps.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Thanks Danny, very informative.

Can't get the Vac-A-Way juice, but I do use their spotters and Releasit DS + Punch.

Thanks again.

Ooroo,

:D

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
rjfdube said:
Yes hwe is gonna be my method of choice also, however sometimes on larger commercial stuff when the job doesnt pay that much a cimex will turn a break even job into a profitable job. I agree encapping is not as thorogh as hwe , but we all must admit sometimes we are at the mercy of what our customers are willing to pay. I will say as a cimex owner there have been times I made carpet look better with the cimex than with the hwe. 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom