cimex for encap?anygood?

clean one

encaping

Yes it is good, as i do have one. A op machine from John G. or Clark L is also a good tool to have in your line up.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
dude you did not just ask that??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

love it..

plus it does sooo soo sooo much more

Stevea

Just a little point I think would be worth mentioning, while the Cimex is an amazing tool for encap work, I think most miss its other real value, using it as an 'Agitation Tool' for all other carpet before extraction.

When it has a set of brushes, there is nothing else that quite agitates like it does. (Please, these are just my thoughts and opinions, I am not saying anything here to cause a debate or argument). I say this because I have used the Cimex with brushes for over 33 years. To me it takes all of the work out of carpet cleaning. I personally use it for every carpet I clean, commercial and residential. I have used it with portables and truck mounts and it will help take out the nastiest traffic patterns and on & on.

Just my thoughts. I thought I would share a little video clip I made to show some of my customers how this works. This clip is just to show how the Cimex works, how you can go over the edge and not tear anything up and so on. I just hope some enjoy the clip in case you have never seen a Cimex work with a set of brushes.

video of pile brushing, vacuuming and Cimex with Brushes and then extraction
th_CleaningStepsPileBrush-Vacuum-Cimex.jpg

picture of rug before cleaning
IMG_1949.jpg

Picture after cleaning
IMG_1953.jpg

Cimex with brushes
IMG_1950.jpg

Again, this is just to show something to some that may not have seen a Cimex work with brushes. This is a 15" machine

SA

Name
Jesse
Ok cimexers, It's the one tool we don't have yet. I've not gotten one because we use our auto scrubbers for the large jobs. I'll get one this quarter but how much will I use it?

If your walking into a 10,000 sqft commercial cleaning and you'll be dual wanding would you pre scrub with a cimex, or a 28-34" auto scrubber with 3 red pads at 50-150lbs pad pressure and a 30gallon tank?

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
And lets all thank SA (Steve) for that little infomercial.

Since he sells them!

By the way a nice counter rotating brush machine like the GLS would do just as well.

John Buxton

I do think you could have a Cimex, and a Steamin Demon in place of a truck mount for commercial work. Thats $4,000 vs. $15,000.

Stevea

John Buxton,

Your comment is a fair one. I ran truck mounts for 25 years and now I run portables. I have nothing against truck mounts, I love the power. I have a much smaller but defined clientele and choose to work with portables due to the location and access to most of the homes I work in.

For all of my cleaning career, little over 33 years, I have always used Cimex equipment, residential, commercial, area rugs, always used it for agitation. It allows a great flexibility to add different combinations of cleaning solutions to go along with pre-spray. Then when it is extracted, all I am really doing is flushing or rinsing the carpet. I put this clip on to show it with brushes because I think many do not know or understand brushes and Cimex go together. Just my observations.

For the last 25 years or so I have been pile lifting or brushing and then vacuuming the carpet afterward before ever putting any cleaning solution on the carpet - rugs or what ever was being worked on. It all follows the cleaning standards and works well for me. Besides doing a very good job of cleaning, the cosmetics of pile lifting in the dry and wet stages of cleaning really help appearance.

Nothing was meant to suggest any extractor over another, just sharing an operation of a Cimex with brushes.

Take care,
SA

Back
Top Bottom