CIMEX HELP!

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
I just got a new contract and will be doing a lot of commercial carpet cleaning
I love my zipper and everest setup but I know that I wont have access on some of the locations and will have huge areas so I am getting a few cimex machines and want to know any recommendations such as

How long do pads last?
How much time behind a Cimex will new guys need?
Damons citrus encap ?

How to keep my guys solution full and cleaning at large jobs?

Best way to explain the encap method to my client and why we would use it in certain areas vs truckmount?

Name
Jeff T
Pads will last 1500-2000 sqft. If a guy is trying to get 5-10k, your not doing much good. Use the grey, they are ALOT more aggressive.
Chems- you can’t go wrong with DS2.
Learning curve- you can train a monkey to run one, it takes time and experience to do it well...
Solution- get 4-6 heavy duty water jugs dedicated to VLM... WAY FASTER....
It’s maintenance cleaning. No explanation needed. They want it done, you are providing a service.
VACUUM BEFORE YOU START, AND, EDGE EVERYTHING.....
Make money....

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Perfect I already got the contract and I did mention that I will look at each area and choose the best method

I will have 2 cimex machines and two dual wand setups so hopefully i can be productive

is Damon @ excellent supply?

what jugs would you buy to keep my techs full of juice

Name
Jeff T
These... get a heavy duty trolley/cart, and prefill the jugs MIXED with the chemistry. Then, all you do is drop them randomly throughout the job with a change of pads, and production increases...
I just picked up a large contract, done quarterly, it’s close to 25K sqft. That’s the system I run, I find I can make between 3-500$ an hr....
Most importantly....
VACUUM WELL BEFORE YOU START....
AND EDGE EVERYTHING....
Get one guy with a backpack vac for edging , and 1-2 on good quality roller bar vacs... 9301BEC8-A5C8-4B94-BCBF-478F5ABB7C4D.png

Reactions: Mr Brightside

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
These... get a heavy duty trolley/cart, and prefill the jugs MIXED with the chemistry. Then, all you do is drop them randomly throughout the job with a change of pads, and production increases...
I just picked up a large contract, done quarterly, it’s close to 25K sqft. That’s the system I run, I find I can make between 3-500$ an hr....
Most importantly....
VACUUM WELL BEFORE YOU START....
AND EDGE EVERYTHING....
Get one guy with a backpack vac for edging , and 1-2 on good quality roller bar vacs...View attachment 101207
This is exactly what I wanted thanks so much for sharing

Name
Jeff T
thoughts about buying one of these vs putting more man power on more regular upright vacuums

View attachment 101208
Unless you are cleaning football field size open area, it would be useless. Most commercial is offices, cubicles, and normal width hallways. You need a 12”, a 15 or 18”... AND a backpack vac..... I almost never use my 18....
Think of VLM as a system. Yes, you can just plow through with the Cimex, but prevacing is what’s going to get you back in the door 3-12 months later....

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I love my zipper and everest setup but I know that I wont have access on some of the locations and will have huge areas so I am getting a few cimex machines and want to know any recommendations such as

How long do pads last?
Damons citrus encap ?

Best way to explain the encap method to my client and why we would use it in certain areas vs truckmount?

The other guys have handled the questions well for you.

This is one item that has helped me immensely::

CMS:: Commercial Marketing System.

One naysayer may disagree, but I'm used to that, just like water running off of a ducks back. 😉 😂😂😂

Take care over there.

:yoda::very_drunk:

Kenny Hayes

Name
Kenny Hayes
I believe that vacuum is more a top debris vac. You do need a large area vacuum like a 28, but it needs to be a sure enough vacuum. I use an old Clarke upright that you push with two hands, but it’s a beast and heavy. Matches my Cimex😀 Still need a regular upright too.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Perfect I already got the contract and I did mention that I will look at each area and choose the best method

I will have 2 cimex machines and two dual wand setups so hopefully i can be productive

is Damon @ excellent supply?

what jugs would you buy to keep my techs full of juice
I save my 5 gallon chemical pails with the lids. I have 6 that I can bring with me. I premix my chemical in them if I am using a regular encap but if i am using an oxy encap, I add the chemical to the pails of water onsite. If you are cleaning areas with a lot of coffee or other beverage stains, oxy encap will help to wipe them out. The grey pads are more aggressive but the regular beige pads last longer.

Reactions: Mr.cleansalot

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas

How long do pads last?
Damons citrus encap ?

With a Cimex & Releasit it's very doable to clean from 2,000 to 3,000 sq ft per hour. This doesn't include pre-vacuuming. Avoid that wide-area vacuum - they're highly inefficient. Go with smaller commercial units like the Sanitaire Tradition commercial vacuums (affordable and they work great on CGD).

I like to run 3 people for 2 Cimex machines on large jobs. The 3rd person gets water, moves stuff, fills in on a Cimex if someone needs to run to the bathroom, etc. The idea is to HUSSLE. Pay your crew well, and expect them to work hard till the job is finished. You'll be amazed at the ROI!

Here's a couple of vidoes that will explain how to do it...

How to run a Cimex

What to avoid

What you can expect

Noidios

Name
Russ Zinck
encapman>> I like to run 3 people for 2 Cimex machines on large jobs. The 3rd person gets water, moves stuff, fills in on a Cimex if someone needs to run to the bathroom, etc.

Pay attention to this. 2 machines = 3 people. Insures good productivity.

Reactions: Mikey P

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
encapman>> I like to run 3 people for 2 Cimex machines on large jobs. The 3rd person gets water, moves stuff, fills in on a Cimex if someone needs to run to the bathroom, etc.

Pay attention to this. 2 machines = 3 people. Insures good productivity.

The idea is to not have any down time. Machines keep running when the third person fills in any gaps. It also helps the techs to remain fresh. Paying that third person to slot in and keep everything humming along is a small investment at the end of a large job. Time is money - the Cimex is a cash cow. On a large job I don’t want to anything to hinder its output.

Reactions: Mikey P

Mr.cleansalot

Name
JAMES FISHER
one thing to think about is the wheel upgrade for the cymex I have one with and one with out I use the one with the bigger wheels .
It handles a lot nicer its worth the couple hundred bucks in my opinion but also not a must have .I want harly grips for mine lol.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
one thing to think about is the wheel upgrade for the cymex I have one with and one with out I use the one with the bigger wheels .
It handles a lot nicer its worth the couple hundred bucks in my opinion but also not a must have .I want harly grips for mine lol.

Mine has both.

Pic of the Big Wheels was taken in January 2008.

:yoda::very_drunk:

Cimex Bracket 8.JPG Cimex Wheels 2.jpg

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Ok I picked up two cimex used
Seem to be in good condition
Ordering 3-4 cases of pads and juice tomorrow

Ds2 or awesome encap?
Tan or grey pads?
Then I gotta buy 2 vacuums

Latest posts