Cimex question

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Some great replies, along with some stupid ones unfortunately.
I truly believe that some people CANNOT think outside the box (truck), or anything else.

Good:
Any time you stop, turn the solution valve off and tip the head up off the carpet. If you don't you'll leave a spot from the pads that will surely be an unnecessary call back.

No need to turn the valve off IF you have the solution lever set correctly & are using the correct solution hose made of Silicone.
HOWEVER, I carry a small towel with me & place this under the pads to catch any drips.

Yeah, it has the big wheels. Nice.
You'll really appreciate the larger wheels when you have steps with a bullnose. :winky:

Hernia lurking to happen.
Get or make a ramp.
Some people just have to Do it the hard way.

Get yourself a pair of telescopic aluminum ramps.
I have had a pair for several years with no problem putting the Cimex in or out of my van & I weigh in at about 235lb.
Photo down below taken over five years ago.

Nothing is going to scrub as well as the planetary action the Cimex delivers. It does weigh a lot, however that weight is part of why it works so well.
Lots of machines will do pretty good in head to head cleaning but non will clean as well, as fast or as easily as the Cimex.

Exactly, it's the planetary action that enables the fibers to be cleaned so effectively, rather than in a one-way direction as with a rotary.
We have a box truck with a lift gate.
That's a life saver. Do your back in & you're out of work for who knows how long.

Not so good:
The brushes are almost worthless
I disagree, they are great for cleaning Oriental rugs, however, I do not recommended them for commercial carpet.

I almost killed myself unloading it from my van.
Get ramps.

Got tired of lifting both ramp and machine. Also got tired of changing them little tiny circle pads cause they would get dirty pretty fast.
Get ramps. I don't change the pads until it's time to replace them. HOWEVER, I do remove any crap that may create irregular cleaning.

175 cleans just a good. Might be a tab bit slower but not slow enough to justify why I bought it and the cost.
I'm afraid you are delusional.:hopeless:

Sold it not long after. The guy I sold it to, I heard fell down a set of stairs with the machine and all. Put him out of commission for a long while.
but that heavy ass machine is a back breaker...

Some people won't learn -Learn how to take the Cimex up & down stairs easily, even those with a 9- degree bend at the bottom or top or both. Crikey, if I can do it..................................... GET RAMPS. Check out the 12 year old photo below.

need a forklift or liftgate for that fucker...unless your under 40
Once more I disagree, one should learn how to maneuver up & down stairs

unless your under 40
Oh crap, đź’© I guess I'm done for, I turn 74 in 6 weeks.

:yoda:

882728827388274 88275

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom