Cimex test

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Just landed a 25,000 sqft job for Saturday and Sunday. Old department store, all heavily soiled cgd. This will be the largest job I've ever tackled with the Cimex. I will be using an oxy encap. Lots of beverage stains and heavily soiled areas around where the displays used to be. Curious as how well the Cimex performs in those conditions. Customer has had everything vacuumed but I will vacuum once more. Have to scramble for a helper. Hope one of my regulars doesn't have anything to do this weekend.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Vacaway's Peroxcellent is a very good product when needing a cleaner oxidizer.

It should do great either way. We often do those jobs running 5-6 machines to get in and out with least inconvenience to the client.

Take extra 5 gallon jugs of water and place them strategically throughout the store prior to start up. It will help you process the project efficiently, keeping the machine running.

Congrats on the job!

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
How many Cimex machines are you planning to have? If you're planning to run just one Cimex, factor in about 10 hours of run time. For optimum efficiency, have 2-3 people on hand for one Cimex. Person 1 runs the machine, while persons 2 and 3 gets water, pulls cords, moves stuff, treats gum & stains, etc. And keep rotating the 3 techs onto the Cimex. In other words - keep the Cimex running non-stop. You will fly through it.

Encap-Clean DS2 or Encap-HydrOx would work extremely well on this one. Use my spill stain trick on the spills that are likely to reappear. https://www.excellent-supply.com/Fixing-Their-Spill-Stain-Pain_b_24.html

Sounds like a good one! Enjoy

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
P.S. Negotiate that THEY do a thorough pre-vacuuming. Yet be prepared to augment their vacuuming. Plan to thoroughly vacuum the primary traffic areas. And do touch up vacuuming as needed elsewhere.

Reactions: Cleanworks

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I
One more thing: Run the gray FiberPlus Max pads on your Cimex. They don't last quite as long as the standard beige FiberPlus pads, but they scrub about 20% faster.
Have a couple cases of the grey pads. I have some Harvard oxy encap and will pick up a case of bridgepoints o2 product today. Just me and a helper. He's going to get a crash course on how to use a Cimex. I'll bring my sprayborg as back up. Ever since I got the Cimex, these are the types of jobs I've been looking for. This one is $.15 per sqft. Should be profitable if we don't run into any problems.

Last edited:

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
That Grooms solution O2 is the same thing as the BP O2 stuff and a little bit cheaper.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Too bad you don’t have any Releasit :winky:
That's what I said to my interlink supplier as I picked up their last case of bridgepoints o2. Miracle of all miracles, they actually had a case of beige Cimex pads. So now I'm fully loaded. My good helper said he can work tomorrow but not on Sunday. Probably going to be a long tomorrow. I'll be at the shop at 7 am mixing up enough solution to get a head start. They have a good janitors sink nearby so we can mix on site easily as well. Going to be fun.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Like Rick, I also figured 10 - 12 hours work, no big deal.
A job that size, I would do on my own.

I'll be at the shop at 7 am mixing up enough solution to get a head start.
No need to mix before hand.
Whenever I do stores inside a shopping mall, I usually only take 4-5 gallons of water, fill my tank after the Cimex is out of the van & go to the store concerned.
A tank will last me about one hour.
Your job, I would not even take water.

They have a good janitors sink nearby so we can mix on site easily as well.
Simply take in your bottles of solution & leave by the janitors sink with a measuring jug & some towels + spare Fiber Plus Max Pads.
Also take along a snack or two & drinks.
Take a length of hose with tap connectors, fill Cimex solution tank, add solutions, get back to work.
It's much easier to wheels the Cimex to the water source than carry 5 gallons of premix to the machine, + you have a rest whilst doing this, have a drink & a snack.

Going to be fun.
That's how work should be viewed.

:yoda:

sassyotto

Name
Paul
yes, Id like to see before during and after photos.

Im a HWE guy but interested in this encapsulation thingy for large commercial.

Keep us posted....

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
yes, Id like to see before during and after photos.

Im a HWE guy but interested in this encapsulation thingy for large commercial.

Keep us posted....
Me too. There are a lot of large beverage spills that I am hoping the o2 product will eliminate, (have good success before on smaller jobs) the worst areas are around where they had display cases. Looks like they hadn't been moved in years. Clean in the middle, heavily soiled around them. I hope to be able to blend it in. I also have a job coming up in a condo where they had construction from water damage. The restoration company protected half the hallways only, from the 18th floor down. There is a distinct outline where their plastic was down compared to the open area. I think the Cimex is the best option to blend that in. I bid $100 per hallway and they're still chewing on it.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Good advice Shorty, I am just bring enough to get started. Am going to use the spray Borg as well on the less soiled areas. I have 6-2 1/2 gallon jugs for the sprayborg. Plan is as soon as we get there, get the helper vacuuming. Get the Cimex going, bring in the spray Borg and get r done. Going to snow on Sunday so will be nice to get done in one day. The food court is right outside the store.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Loaded for bear. Just waiting waiting for the helper now.

IMG_20190202_073323.jpg

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Well, done for today. They added about an extra 10, 000 sqft that they were going to replace bit decided to have cleaned as well. Probably cleaned about 18,000 sqft today. Slow going because of the heavy soiling. Also spent a lot of time vacuuming. Finally got some of their staff doing that. Used up 6 gallons of concentrate at about 10-1 dilution. 60 Gallons if mixed solution. So much different from hwe. You have to trust that your detergent is doing what it is supposed to do. Doesn't always look all that great right away but changes as it dries. Overall, most is looking good. Will touch up some of the worst areas as we go. My helper was great but tomorrow I have the legendary Willy P working with me. Should be a blast. I am finding the sprayborg is easier to operate than the Cimex and gets as good results. I would consider getting a vibe because of the built in 5 gallon tank. Here are a few pics of the store and the overall conditions. Maybe I'll shoot some video of Willy tomorrow.

IMG_20190202_163756.jpg IMG_20190202_134802.jpg IMG_20190202_134800.jpg IMG_20190202_134757.jpg IMG_20190202_120101.jpg IMG_20190202_134757.jpg IMG_20190202_120101.jpg IMG_20190202_113304.jpg IMG_20190202_095032.jpg IMG_20190202_094933.jpg IMG_20190202_090632.jpg IMG_20190202_090605.jpg

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Looking good.

Before you ditch the Cimex, install Big Wheels on it.

It makes maneuverability so much easier you won't believe the difference.

DON'T leave the Cimex with the pads on the carpet like that, they will leave a mark from the solution awkward to get out.

Lift the head & place a towel underneath to catch the drips.

Jimmy L excluded. 😉😅

Hi James. 😘

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Looking good.

Before you ditch the Cimex, install Big Wheels on it.

It makes maneuverability so much easier you won't believe the difference.

DON'T leave the Cimex with the pads on the carpet like that, they will leave a mark from the solution awkward to get out.

Lift the head & place a towel underneath to catch the drips.

Jimmy L excluded. 😉😅

Hi James. 😘

I don't think I would ditch the Cimex but the big wheels would be great. The Cimex with aggressive pads really gets in there. I can really see the attraction of the vibe with the large tank. I have 6 2 1/2 gallon jugs that I space out for the sprayborg and 2 5 gallon jugs for the Cimex. You can really get a lot done before you have to refill them. A 3rd person would be invaluable on a job this size.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Yep that is a big one!

Shorty's right - the big wheels make a big difference. In fact all the pieces factor into encap cleaning performance... the detergent used, pads used, and scrubbing technique. We've seen guys who were initially underwhelmed with the encap process, but after they get it dialed in they love it. If you'd like some help I'd be happy to walk you through some techniques to help you maximize your Cimex scrubbing (shoot me a PM if you'd like).

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Yep that is a big one!

Shorty's right - the big wheels make a big difference. In fact all the pieces factor into encap cleaning performance... the detergent used, pads used, and scrubbing technique. We've seen guys who were initially underwhelmed with the encap process, but after they get it dialed in they love it. If you'd like some help I'd be happy to walk you through some techniques to help you maximize your Cimex scrubbing (shoot me a PM if you'd like).
Thanks Rick I will when I get through this job. Right now I'm using the grey pads. My technique is what Richard suggested. I do a wet pass then turn around and do a dry pass over the same area. I am keeping my passes short, generally 25-30 feet. I alternate my direction every so often to avoid streaks and odd patterns. Once I collect some payments, I would like to place an order for some releasit and more pads. Maybe a big wheel kit. This job I am doing could be done with a large truck mount but you would need at least 450 feet of hose to reach. I don't think a truck would do any better and actually would probably have more wicking issues due to the nature of the stains. The beauty of the o2 encap is that you will pass over a coffee or beverage stain with not much change. Look at it an hour later and it's gone. I love my truck mount for what it does residentially but encap done right is the cats meow for cgd.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I am keeping my passes short, generally 25-30 feet.

If I run a fifty foot cable, I will usually do the end first for about four trips wide.

I then leave the Big Yella inside the area I have done & take the cable back to a power point that will still give me some cable left over.

I then start at the clean end and go until I nearly run out of cable & come back doing a dry pass.

The carpet will not dry off that much and you are covering more area in the one pass, hence get through those big jobs quicker.

As you do more large (& small jobs), you will find ways to make the work easier & quicker.

When you start ding these jobs six monthly, or even yearly, it becomes quicker again as you find a better way of doing it.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
If I run a fifty foot cable, I will usually do the end first for about four trips wide.

I then leave the Big Yella inside the area I have done & take the cable back to a power point that will still give me some cable left over.

I then start at the clean end and go until I nearly run out of cable & come back doing a dry pass.

The carpet will not dry off that much and you are covering more area in the one pass, hence get through those big jobs quicker.

As you do more large (& small jobs), you will find ways to make the work easier & quicker.

When you start ding these jobs six monthly, or even yearly, it becomes quicker again as you find a better way of doing it.

Hope this helps.

It's a learning curve. Just like any other method or tool. The more you use and experiment with it, the better you get.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom