Cimex Wheels

Name
Noble Carpet Cleaners
Can anyone say what the inside bore measurement is on the stock wheel? 1/2", 5/8", 3/4" etc. Heck, is it in millimeters? I eyeballed the outside at about 2 1/4"

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
The stock axle mics out at 0.983 inches (just about exactly 25 mm), so I imagine the stock wheel bore is 1 inch or thereabouts. My wheels are too worn to tell accurately. My old worn wheel has an ID of 1.020".

Last edited:
Reactions: Lee Stockwell
Name
Lee Stockwell
1" bore wheels work on the stock axle.

If replacement wheels are used keep in mind to not make the overall width more than the cleaning head path.

Reactions: dgardner

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Look for my soon to be released line of wheels, tires and custom suspension components for the Cimex. 20" wheels with low profile tires, white spokes with off road tread, low-rider wheels, dropped spindles, 4-link suspension - you name it we got it. If I could get a couple dozen of you to prepay for a few kits I will get production started with my fabricator right away.

dgardner

Name
Dan Gardner
Rick have you thought about offering the kit without the tee piece? If a lot of folks don't need it and you can knock 20 bucks off the top you might sell a few more?

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
We did just knock "20 bucks off the top"... in fact we lowered the price for the compete kit $25. :)

You'd be surprised how many guys need the new Tee-Piece. In the beginning we weren't including a tee-piece with the wheel kits. But so many folks had problems getting their old axle free from the tee-piece - we decided to throw in a new tee-piece for free.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I had to literally cut the old T piece from my old axle due to it "welding" itself to the steel.

Thus a new T piece was essential.

The old wheels can last a very long time, but the ease with which the Big Boy kit makes to a Cimex is (Howard here), is phenomenal. :lol:

Not only for taking it up or down stairs, but general maneuvering with it as well.

:yoda:

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
The story behind larger Cimex wheels...
I guess the folks at Cimex never realized that the machine would benefit from larger wheels. In fact the Cimex rolled along for 75+ years on those small wheels - from the original Cimex built in 1933, till the day a wise Aussie (a.k.a. Shorty) came up with the idea of adding larger wheels to his Cimex. Then after Shorty talked up how much nicer the large wheels were under his Cimex, we took that good idea and developed our Big Boy Wheel Kit upgrade. After a few years of upgrading Cimex machines with larger wheels, Cimex has now recognized the value of larger wheels and is also offering a larger wheel option. Looks like we all have Shorty to thank for this innovation! A simple idea that led to a big improvement. Probably was inspired by the stance of the kangaroo.
Australia-Down-Under.jpg

Last edited:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Crikey mate, I'm embarrassed. :icon_redface:

But thank you for the recognition, which you have done many times over the years with regard to Big Yella. :numfi:

Don't they have two headed carpet cleaners in Santa Cruz ?? :lol:

They'd have four eyes to watch the pads go 'round. :icon_razz: :winky:

:yoda:

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Anyone thought of putting a "bearing" in those wheels? Just asking....

We have a saying down under, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

My wheels have lasted many years, it was the rubber on the tires that wore out, so I replaced the tires & put in new tubes.

Why go to the expense of getting bearings fitted if the stock wheels outlast the tires?

I've supplied my style wheel/tire, to several guys down under, I just buy the complete set-up, then take them to an engineering shed to oversize the bore to fit neatly on the axel.

IF I remember, I'll let you know when the wheels fall apart. :stir:

:very_drunk: :yoda:

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom