Cimex

I have always wanted to use a cimex. Today a fellow cleaner on this board showed me his in action. For commercial it is outstanding. Makes you kind of wonder why you would have a truckmount. We cleaned,talked,laughed, but didn't even break a sweat. Hardest part about using cimex is getting it out of the truck. And the quality of the work is premium. A great way to make money without the cost of a truckmount. Wish/hope I get one soon. Now personally I need to get ready for a similar job using my truckmount (later today) at a cigar shop. I will need to icapsul my prespray ,then extract with my truckmount system. I will be sweating like a pig. Will do a great job I am sure, but the cimex would be easier. Much easier and the costs are lower. Ron

asupremeclean

I am doing a Cigar lounge on Monday and I plan on using the cimex in conjunction with HWE. This guy just kept putting it off and it got too nasty to do with just the cimex. We are in the restorative cleaning stages now. It is going to end up costing him more by waiting. I can only proove to him the worthyness of maint cleanings.

You gotta get one. The ability to offer several different methods of cleaning and having the ability to explain the benefits of each is priceless.

Good luck.

Walt

I hardly use mine. Either, I end up HWE'ing it because I can't get it where I need it (under desks and edges). I've thinking about getting rid of it and getting a Clarke or Hruby.

Your right it's awesome for huge open spaces. I have a buddy in California that started a commercial carpet cleaning business with it (a side to his window cleaning biz). His first job was at a 4 star hotel. After he cleaned a sample area, they fired the other guy who was HWE'ing and now he has several hotels - .25 a square in a ballroom is really good money. I'm a little envious.

asupremeclean

Walt said:
I hardly use mine. Either, I end up HWE'ing it because I can't get it where I need it (under desks and edges). I've thinking about getting rid of it and getting a Clarke or Hruby.

Your right it's awesome for huge open spaces. I have a buddy in California that started a commercial carpet cleaning business with it (a side to his window cleaning biz). His first job was at a 4 star hotel. After he cleaned a sample area, they fired the other guy who was HWE'ing and now he has several hotels - .25 a square in a ballroom is really good money. I'm a little envious.

Then why on earth would you want to get rid of it. 2 man crew can do edges and around stuff while other is on cimex. Makes speedy work.

I would not bring the cimex into a residential. An OP machine like the ones you mentioned would be easier to handle.

Walt

Since I work alone or with a helper it has been faster to just use the truck. Mind you I don't have any large jobs. I do mostly residential and small commercial jobs. Most of the commercial work is sub contracted to a guy that I trained.

Personally, I hate working nights. I did it for too many years.

Walt

TimP

The cimex is a great machine.......

But encap cleaning is no where near what HWE cleaning is. Yeah encap does an OK job better than say an emulsifier spray and suck. But it's just mediocre cleaning. I've done probably 15-20,000 ft of encap cleaning and find myself very hesitant to even offer it unless it's a huge job....just to be competitive against the spray suckers.

And those who do both and say encap does the same must not be very good at HWE cleaning.

G

I personally never use any other method of CLEANING; Rubbing dirt into the carpet and then trying to vacuum residue up is not what I call carpet cleaning. I often get customer that asking me if I really steam clean; well of course I tell them; they reply to me as long as you don't use a bufer!

alazo1

Name
Albert Lazo
On a side note. I bet the cimex would work great with the monkey pads / abraisive for marble maintenance. Bungy cord some extra weight and shoul be good to go. Haven't tried it. Just thinking out loud.

Albert

Grant D

Have you tried just pre-spraying your encap and then using the icapsol? Kind of the same thing as a cimex isn't it? Both are scrub and run encap.

Al

We use ours. The results can be outstanding in the right situation, great money maker. We use it combined with HWE and stand alone. 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom