cimex

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Make sure your pads are wet before you start, dip them in a bucket or solution tank if brand new.

Here is a video, Rick shows you how to operate the machine and different techniques to adjust for soiling conditions.

What product are you planning on using?

We've gotten great results with Snake Oil, Hot Knife and Releasit and few others but we found these to work really well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukTKBdOM ... re=related

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
to encap or to prescrub something???

either way....yes make sure they are wet

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
i am going to be using the magic wand product. I ordered it, should be here today. so I should dip them in the solution before i start?
I'm doing like 7000 square ft. I should look for foam right? The videos i saw on youtube say that when you see a little foam on top of the carpet then youre doing it right. I only did encap one other time but that was with a pro-caps machine.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Peroxide? Could be great but if doesn't work I'd try one of the others.

Lots of difference in products, cleaning ability and also staying clean.

I've used 2-different brands that smelled great, cleaned good but later resoiled fast. :shock:

It's aways best to test them before you clean a large areas and they not perform the way you expected.

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
I had that problem with the CTI product..enviroex or something. The distributors were good at selling me shit because i didnt know shit. But a lot of times I am realizing that THEY dont know shit.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're right Jarred but I don't think most do it on purpose, they are sold by the manufacturer and in turn they then sell it to you.

A good distributor will test products on their own, either through their own business or a trusted customer, then sell it to you in full confidence.

The product you bought may be great, I've just have no personal experience with it. Those others I listed I have years with and I know they perform as sold.

Good luck!

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
the pail i had to try.....uhhh well, it doesnt disolve all that good....

i decided encap products NEED to be liquid...

going from powder, to liquid, back to crystal.....ehhhh not so good....

it cleaned ok, for a greasy area, but didnt do so hot in "office" type conditions

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Doc Holliday said:
I've used 2-different brands that smelled great, cleaned good but later resoiled fast. :shock:

spill the beans, Chavez.
which ones were junk??

I know you ain't intimidated by any manufacture or supplier .
Don't get all touchy feely now....think of it as shooting a skunk ... :lol:

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Cobb's and Chemisters both smelled and cleaned really well, both resoiled really badly.

Now both of those were a couple of years ago, so they may have changed their chemistry. However it taught me to stick with those that know encap and not someone's line extension.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
I have a Cimex coming in on Friday and I am just as giddy as I can be.

Jeremy N

Supportive Member
Doc Holliday said:
I have a Cimex coming in on Friday and I am just as giddy as I can be.
That's funny! :lol:

I love presents!

Seriously, I cannot stand waiting for packages and new toys to try out.

I'm the worst at Christmas too. Around the 20th I start asking the wife if she wants to let the kids open their presents.

All in one week Cobb, Excellent Supply and Dell is sending me stuff. I'm surprised I get any work done.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Doc Holliday said:
New PC? I got one a couple of months ago, my old one was at least 6-years old. This one was about a third of the cost and waay faster!

I reckon yer on a winner there mate.

I can now read your posts faster than before.

But, can you tell me, how do I make those photos look taller and not so fat. ?? shiteatinggrin

lust1kiddo

Supportive Member
got the cimex..gonna do the job tomorrow. They are hallways so I am going to have to have a guy brush the edges...sucks for him

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i would not use the powdered encap product you mentioned Jarred. do a Search of it on this forum ;)

all i do to get the pads "wet" before i start using them is i lift the cleaning head off of the carpet, then turn the machine on, then squeeze the sol trigger for a few seconds to get the encap solution into the pad...now it is "wet", set the cleaning head down and begin cleaning.

enjoy the new machine man.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Do you have a crb whittaker style? they sell a brush that fits into the end of it especially for scrubbing edges. Makes quick work of edges. Places that I cannot use that I have a buffer meant for a car that will take an 8 inch pad. I turn it on low speed spray the area and then hit it with that real quick, ie stairs. My juice of choice is realeasit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom