clarke boost

TimP

anyone using these scrubber machines. And if you are what do you think.

They are most likely way out of my budget but I'm curious.

y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIglAlQgk80y]

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
I just bought one , will be getting it next month

we did a demo with it

dry stripped some terrazo tiles that had about 6 coats of finish on them then went and did a wet 150 grit wet screen on a gym floor for top coat

some guys have had some issues with the machine but all the local people I talked to had no problems

also bought one of these, dual head propane buffer
hammerheadd.jpg

TimP

What did you pay 7-9 grand? You must have a bunch of work.

I was looking at the clarke vantage 17 battery cause they have it for surplus and I don't need a large machine anyhow. And thinking of a 2000 rpm dust collection electric burnisher on surplus from them cause it's real reasonable.

I don't know how much production that vantage will give me though so I don't know if I want it or not or if I should just stick with a 175 and a shop vac for now.

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
paid $7400 for the scrubber

bought them to do weekly maintenance on concrete floors in a 74,000 sq ft building

will also be screening the gym floor for refinish along with weekly scrub and buff of the gym floor, should be able to scrub and buff a 10,000 sq ft gym floor in under an hour

Fon Johnson

I have a boost demo set up for June. I have not seen it in action, but I know they stripped the breakroom at my suppliers shop in about 10 minutes with no stripper. I don't think this machine is for those that don't do much vct though..

TimP

definitely not in my budget right now. But I could potentially get a good bit of vct from the schools here. The janitors hate doing it, and with a machine like this I probably could do well. But unless I had a big contract I can't see buying one.

Does anyone know what a 17 inch auto scrubber like the clarke one can produce?

steve frasier

Supportive Member
Name
steve frasier
if you are looking for a cheap little auto scrubber

see if you can find a used nobels 20" speed scrub, it is a nice little walk behind that isn't self propelled and it can be had for a decent price

run time on it is only a couple of hours but I have had one for 15 years, you can get it in and out of a van pretty easy with a small ramp and it fits just about everywhere

used it for doing 7-11 stores

I don't think this machine is for those that don't do much vct though..
I bought it for doing big open areas and customer wanted things done as green as possible in thier LEED building, if it wasn't for that I would not have bought it because it really doesn't fit with what I do and you would need a trailor to haul it around
I will leave it on site and use it in a couple of different builldings

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom