Clean it & they will pay

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Don’t say that middle-class and above customers will not pay you to clean their LVP.

Took a minimum $200 carpet job yesterday to a $500 job, simply by cleaning section of LVP in front of the customer, they were sold once they saw the disgusting water. This customer said she mops the LVP a couple times per week.

Same exact process as carpet, with the exception of taking off the carpet glide and putting on the brush Glide.

sassyotto

Name
Paul
OK, ya got me thinkin. When I clean carpet, the CRB goes over the edge on to the tile floor so there is usually a nice clean line of tile/grout along the carpet. Many customers ask if I clean tile. I dont simply because I dont have the time and I can see too many potential problems with grout and I dont want to learn a new service. But if LVP is easy as cleaning carpet, then Im all in.

So what would I have to watch for? (besides that cr*ppy trim)

• Wow
Reactions: SamIam

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
OK, ya got me thinkin. When I clean carpet, the CRB goes over the edge on to the tile floor so there is usually a nice clean line of tile/grout along the carpet. Many customers ask if I clean tile. I dont simply because I dont have the time and I can see too many potential problems with grout and I dont want to learn a new service. But if LVP is easy as cleaning carpet, then Im all in.

Tile and grout cleaning is a great deal less risky at carpet cleaning pressures, moderate pH cleaners, and the Brush Glide.

Other than restorative/abusive situations, this system does a great job.

The Brush Glide is causing me to re-write my entire Tile and Grout cleaning class.

Just a thought....

Mikey P

Administrator

Gap in the planks..

Use VLM machines If there is because if you get water into any absorbent bonded padding, you're going to own that floor.

Otherwise, sweep pour down your cleaning agent flat mop it around. Use a swivel grout. Brush along the edges and in front of the sink and toilet and your brush glide or other hard surface wand at low pressure meaning 400 or less a dry pass or two. Then follow up with a dry bonnet under a flat mop

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris

Not much to watch out for, 99% of the time the LVP should be disgusting, even if the customer doesn’t realize it. I just ask them if I can if I can clean a section in a high traffic area, they mostly agree to it. I just put down a little bit of the pre-spray that I used for their carpet and then hit it with the CRB. Black water appears.

Price also matters, for some reason people think they should be charging up to a dollar per square foot for LVP, when it’s literally the easiest surface you can possibly clean as a professional cleaner, assuming you have the tools. When I tell the customer it’s the same price as carpet, they often bite.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
When doing LVT, I like to have another tech dry as we go with clean towels. Then I have a Norwex Microfiber dry mop really top it off, no residue.

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Not to inflate Michael’s ego even more, but when I do dry passes with the SS 12 and brush glide, I just drop the wand handle a bit, so the vacuum ports are almost on the surface and there’s really just no water left.

Whatever is left, I just drop a microfiber pad on the floor, step on it and move it around to catch the residual water.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Which neutral cleaner do you guys prefer to mop or spray on it prior to rinsing?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I went too hot with a ph when I was cleaning this and the footprints were hard to remove. I think the high ph had something to do with it

2705D10B-06D8-4616-804F-F7FF13A5EC53.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I did a rinse flat mop with a 2-3ph rinse and it didn't budge. The reason I was cleaning it was Sheetrock mud from construction. I've learned to use a lower ph formula, but I still get paranoid on these floors. It think there's a shitty finish that comes on the surface

I really don't like cleaning this type of floor.

Reactions: SamIam

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom