Clean wood floors with OP?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Anyone clean wood floors with an OP machine and pads? Seems that it would work at least a well as the Dragon machine.

Name
Lee Stockwell
Depends on the usual variables. Sometimes as aggressive as a beige buff pad, Murphy's, and a foam squeegee to pull residue. Follow with regular op pads.

Reactions: Johnny

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I have used Cleaner and Conditioner from Ultra Chem Labs, Wood Floor Cleaner from Interlink and a few neutral cleaners made/bought here locally. Interlinks and Ultras are my faves.

Steps: Sweep or vac floor. Mist product on 25 to 50ish sf. Scrub with machine (I have used 175 and OP neither did better than the other) under is either white, red, or maroon pad (I only use maroon if I am going to lay a finish after cleaning). Pick up slurry with a regular mop or wet/dry vac, tm vac is okay but way over kill). Then hit the whole floor with a regular op pad and an even lighter mist of cleaner. Then dry pad it if you want to.

tngvegas

uh, Mr. marty....could you please tell us your process? lots of guys here not as experienced as you are.

thanks a bunch. I am maybe the one with the least. but I always want to learn.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I use Hydro-Force wood cleaner. All you do is mix it up at 2 oz's in a 16 oz spray bottle. You simply spray it on a 10 s.f. area and then scrub the area with a 175 and either a white or red scrubbing pad, depending on the soil and how aggressive you want to be. (You can use a maroon pad if you want to take a layer of poly. off the floor.) Then you put a cotton bonnet on the 175 and buff the floor to a shine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom