Cleanco/Hydramaster pics:

Pmatte

Name
Patrick Matte
Can any owners post photos of their pto's? I'd like to see real world photos,not some brochure picture.I don't care if the van is messy or what.I'm just curious too see the space availbilty vs. layout and so fourth.Thank you!

Patrick

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Here are a few

Cleanandstuff036.jpg

truck002.jpg

TimP

How many gallons does that fresh tank hold.

I love that lay out.

Greenie

nice truck. I like the dual tanks as well, something I envisioned on the new mytee tanks.

i will say you are killing me with the plastic waste tank fittings, and plastic hose barbs though....lol

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Well Greenie.. I'm doing pretty darn well to get my dad to let me outfit the wand. He now understands the benefit of high flow. next will be the hoses and of course the tank fitting.. Its hard when the guy in charge of the money doesn't understand high flow and cfm or cleaning all that well. and its especeilly hard to show Improvement when I get dry by the time I leave results.. (dang airpaths) . I'm doing my best to edumacate him. Slowly we'll get there. My "plan" is to replace or add only 2.5 inch hose from here on out. I think in the future if we stick with a van. I might be looking into dual 100's with an apo on the machine. Love high Flow but drinks 120 gallons in about 1500-1800 sqft. and its not fun to hook up to water in the winter time at 5 degrees... or at all for that matter. I think I have him convinced about getting a greenhorn though.. Last commercial job he came out to help me. He wanted to wand. So I presprayed and scrubbed. He now understands how another 3 inches of wand would make a big difference.

Thanks for all the complements.

Greenie

I know you know...but don't want a newbie misreading my post...just yankin' the chain on teh plastic stuff, Rome was not built in a day, one stone at a time.

Do you have a 2" Y?

I'd probably leave all the rest for now..and get one of those, and stay with the 2" hose.

On the 11" 4 jet wand, with allowing a full inch of overlap, you get a solid 10" clean pass, with a 14" 5 jet you get a solid 13" pass, with a 5" differential you would in "theory" see a 30% faster cleaning rate. But i wouldn't run it head to head without the 2" Y, as it will give the extra power to fully utilize the 14" head, and let that 4007 blower do what it was made to do.

Chris A

Name
Chris
I don't think you'll be able to get away with 200 gallons of water, 1600 lbs plus the unit itself. You'll be bottoming out over any bump in the road.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Yeah.. I was trying to do the math.. I'd have to go with the 1 tons with the 3900# cargo load or a box truck with dualies.. and if I would kinda of be stearing us towards the titan less I can convince the money keepers about a vortex. Depends on what kinda of work we can establish. If we are geared towards more residential we'll keep the cds units. Anybody know the weight specs for a the cds or the titan? Although curiously Butler lets you set up the vans with 200 gallon fresh and 210 recovery. I bet it would be really close!
CleanEvolve said:
Nice looking unit.

How's the heat on the Hydromaster PTO?

That is a 2008 unit non salso. In the winter time we are making about 190 to 210 at the truck. In the spring summer fall, we make between 210 and 220. On really hot days last year.. She was pinging at 230 without the wand running. Who needs salsa on a 100 degree day..

if you buy a cleanco and prochem doesn't have the part in stock your going to be waiting FOREVER for your parts. cleanco in canada wont ship to customers just prochem so you have to wait for your parts to go from canada to arizona then to you....it takes forever and just wanted to let you know before you made the same mistake my friend did and bought a prochem/cleanco direct drive

Greenie

On the whole Butler 200g fresh 210g waste topic, be careful....Some don't realize the thought process behind this configuration, someone at Butler assumes you will be running your fresh tanks down as you fill your waste tanks.....they detail they miss is the guy who refills his freshy 1/2 way through the day for a big job...305 gal x 8lbs is HEAVY!

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
True that.. but the hydramaster waste tank is only 110 with 90 usuable gallons. I'm hoping I win out and we'll just get a vortex.. only time will tell. Who knows in a nother year or two when we are at that point, we could be seeing an entirely differnet technology and industry. And the way th autos are going who knows what we'll be cleaning with! 8)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I do like the water bond option. We were on the fence with that one. Give alot of nice room in back. Only down side could be the weight distribution.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
No problems with weight dist. yet.

We've set up twelve CDS's with ponds in the last couple of years. About half of those were on the fence too. Wasn't a few jobs later and they called to say how happy they were they took the plunge.

It's my favorite van set up.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Sorry didn't complete my thought. Weight distrbutre during winter time. Its nice to have the extra weight over the rear end in snowy situations. Now if a van could handle it, Take the water pond setup and throwin the saddle tanks and you have equivilant of 240 gallons of fresh water, and a hose reel combo that offers some great space.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Why not just use the 120 gal. Hydramaster Tank, with power reels? Then you can set up all kinds of usable shelving on the back of the tank. I have the 2 airmover shelves on mine and can't even find enough stuff to fill them up.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
Putting in those two 60 gallon tanks on top of the 120 pond would be sweet. You would be carrying a bit of extra weight though.

The biggest reason not to use hydramasters 120 gal tank is that it's aluminum. Rotomolded tanks don't get holes in them after a few years. The pond also takes up less room, about a foot less. True, that extra foot could house shelving but what you can't reach from the side doors your crawling inside your van to grab. That's a pain! I used that exact setup for about eight years. I want to be able to access 80% of what I have in the van from the back or side doors.

Work smarter not harder.

Name
Kevin McCreary
MicahR said:
Putting in those two 60 gallon tanks on top of the 120 pond would be sweet. You would be carrying a bit of extra weight though.

The biggest reason not to use hydramasters 120 gal tank is that it's aluminum. Rotomolded tanks don't get holes in them after a few years. The pond also takes up less room, about a foot less. True, that extra foot could house shelving but what you can't reach from the side doors your crawling inside your van to grab. That's a pain! I used that exact setup for about eight years. I want to be able to access 80% of what I have in the van from the back or side doors.

Work smarter not harder.
Thats Rubbish man. I have a hydramaster cds 120 freshy from 1984 used daily until 2004 (19000 hours and 3 vans) sitting in a

snowbank right now with no holes in it. Its also been sandblasted heavily before.

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah I have to agree, my 98 tank is in great shape, my new one is, well, new. Plus the airmover shelves are mostly used for stuff you don't need every day. Diff'rent strokes.

MicahR

Name
Micah Richardson
We've had three tanks come through within the last year that had holes that needed to be repaired.

I used a CDS that was new in 93 that had a quarter size hole start right by the fresh water dump valve. Happened in 03.

Not every one may go bad but we've seen quite a few that have.

Chris A

Name
Chris
Have to be, unless you guys have some kinda radioactive water up there.

Rex Tyus

Sticky said:
if you buy a cleanco and prochem doesn't have the part in stock your going to be waiting FOREVER for your parts. cleanco in canada wont ship to customers just prochem so you have to wait for your parts to go from canada to arizona then to you....it takes forever and just wanted to let you know before you made the same mistake my friend did and bought a prochem/cleanco direct drive

There are several Cleanco Distributors in The US. Prochem only carries parts for the ONE direct drive Cleanco private lables for them. Granted most don't stock many parts because they don't breakdown very often, so it doesn't benefit them to stock large inventories of parts. Tell your friend to call Cleanco direct and ask for a list of Cleanco US distributors and they will hook him up. Nutech in Michigan is my favorite. If you like I can get you their number. If he is going through a Prochem distributor to get CLEANCO parts he is doing it the hard way.

Greenie

I held my tongue for almost 24 hours waiting for you to find this thread...damn moderators with full time cleaning businesses.

wired

The Butler has 110 fresh water tank. I fill it when I get to my first job depending on how many jobs I have for the day. You do not want to run around with 110 gallons of water all day long. You will be changing your front brakes ever 3 months and is bad on your transmission. I do some condos and offices where it is hard do get water so I fill up before I get there. This is where the fresh water tank comes in handy. Most of the time I just fill it when I get to the clients house. 60 gallons is plenty to do a house. Also if you have a good client base go out and buy a new truck, If you are just starting out buy used, There are plenty of good deals out there. Do the math there is a lot more expense than just the truck. Good Luck

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom