Cleaned rug now it won’t lay flat

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Lame!

Using an OP would've put the same amount of moisture on it that caused the buckling. Note that I said it started buckling with just a light spray. The blue and white rug had dog crap on it, which an OP would've been useless to make it clean enough. I know Mikey is just trying to piss me off, but the Canadian above has really pissed me off.

I know some of you guys have a rug shop and push that service to improve your ROI, and I commend you for that. But pushing an expensive rug washing on these types of rugs is just wrong, unless the customer personally requests it, just due to the value of the rug. HWE is the best type of maintenance cleaning that these types of rugs can get for the value.

Once again, DON'T REFUND on these rugs. That's my point
My job is done here.

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I tried to OP a Tibetan Prayer rug the other day because I was scared to get it wet due to bleeding. Well, that went over like a turd in the punchbowl. That dang rug flopped all over the place. So I decided to do it right. I soaked the thing and rinsed it like the CIA doing a water boarding. It came out great, didn't curl up or bleed. I was very happy.

I had another Persian the same day that took me about 2 hours to rinse due to all the bleeding red non stop. I wish I had a Rug Tub but sadly I had to do it by hand. I'm happy I went to Tom's training because I had the confidence to clean this rug and wasn't too worried about all the dye running everywhere. My arms are still sore.

Last edited:

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
Lame!

Using an OP would've put the same amount of moisture on it that caused the buckling. Note that I said it started buckling with just a light spray. The blue and white rug had dog crap on it, which an OP would've been useless to make it clean enough. I know Mikey is just trying to piss me off, but the Canadian above has really pissed me off.

I know some of you guys have a rug shop and push that service to improve your ROI, and I commend you for that. But pushing an expensive rug washing on these types of rugs is just wrong, unless the customer personally requests it, just due to the value of the rug. HWE is the best type of maintenance cleaning that these types of rugs can get for the value.

Once again, DON'T REFUND on these rugs. That's my point
When you say pushing a rug plant cleaning on "These types of rugs".... Do you mean wool? Because I disagree. Wool is a natural fiber and you will cause rotting at the base if not cleaned and flushed properly. You are doing your customer a disservice and building a foundation for long term damage.

I would also love to do a side by side test against any rug that is cleaned onsite against what happens in a rug pit. When you see that mud get flushed out you know it's really being cleaned.

Reactions: Ron K

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
I tried to OP a Tibetan Prayer rug the other day because I was scared to get it wet due to bleeding. Well, that went over like a turd in the punchbowl. That dang rug flopped all over the place. So I decided to do it right. I soaked the thing and rinsed it like the CIA doing a water boarding. It came out great, didn't curl up or bleed. I was very happy.

I had another Persian the same day that took me about 2 hours to rinse due to all the bleeding red non stop. I wish I had a Rug Tub but sadly I had to do it by hand. I'm happy I went to Tom's training because I had the confidence to clean this rug and wasn't too worried about all the dye running everywhere. My arms are still sore.
Look for a galvanized horse trough. They usually have a drain. Great for marinating a rug, then you can pull the plug and rinse it.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When you say pushing a rug plant cleaning on "These types of rugs".... Do you mean wool? Because I disagree. Wool is a natural fiber and you will cause rotting at the base if not cleaned and flushed properly. You are doing your customer a disservice and building a foundation for long term damage.

I would also love to do a side by side test against any rug that is cleaned onsite against what happens in a rug pit. When you see that mud get flushed out you know it's really being cleaned.
You're being a goober today. You know I was referring to pushing poly rugs in rug plant cleaning

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
The edges of some woven rugs can curl or wave due to variations in the construction or weave pattern. Both typically observed after cleaning or when high humidity is present. Rugs that exhibit this tendency would be best cleaned “in-plant” where humidity and other potential issues can be controlled.
Typically, this will self-correct in a few days. If the curling does not relax completely, you can try one of these fixes:
Placing the rug face down, roll the rug up as tight as you can and secure it with rope or tape for a few days.
Use a clothes steamer (not an iron; they’re too hot and can quickly melt synthetic fibers) to relax the edges and place a large heavy object on the raised areas for 24 hours. Use a plastic garbage bag as a barrier between the weighted object and rug to limit damage to the rug by bleeding or rusting.
Mikey cereal did you cut n paste?

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Can a wall paper steamer tame the buckle back down? Perhaps flip over the wrinkle area and put a steamer on it. Can’t do anymore harm so it maybe worth a try.

Ron K

You're being a goober today. You know I was referring to pushing poly rugs in rug plant cleaning
When you drove around with your piece of shit trailer did you wash it as throughly as your TM of today. It was the Poly of Carpet Cleaning Equipment!
Think before you use your opposable thumbs.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
When you drove around with your piece of shit trailer did you wash it as throughly as your TM of today. It was the Poly of Carpet Cleaning Equipment!
Think before you use your opposable thumbs.
This thread is about a poly rug that buckled. Not about a wool rug or a jute or even a silk rug. A Polypropylene.

They were telling him to look like he doesn’t know what he’s doing and offer a refund.

All I was doing was stressing the fact that it’s normal for these rugs to do that, and it’s truly UNPROFESSIONAL to offer a refund where a refund will only hurt his relationship with the customer, because it tells them “I’m sorry, we don’t know what we’re doing, here’s your money back, even though your rug is just fine”

Yes it sounds stupid.

And yes, my POS trailer was washed as thoroughly. 🖕🏻

Ron K

This thread is about a poly rug that buckled. Not about a wool rug or a jute or even a silk rug. A Polypropylene.

They were telling him to look like he doesn’t know what he’s doing and offer a refund.

All I was doing was stressing the fact that it’s normal for these rugs to do that, and it’s truly UNPROFESSIONAL to offer a refund where a refund will only hurt his relationship with the customer, because it tells them “I’m sorry, we don’t know what we’re doing, here’s your money back, even though your rug is just fine”

Yes it sounds stupid.

And yes, my POS trailer was washed as thoroughly.
Unprofessional is screwing up the rug in the first place.
Not offering a refund is totally stupid. That $19.52 made screwing up that rug will not serve them well in the long run.
God save this industry.
Oh just so you can be learn something wool, jute or even silk rugs can buckle in a customers home.
Let me tell you a little secret they buckle in plant too!
its just in plant you can manage the issue, in home you're ......

Mr Brightside

Name
Jay Wags
Wow this thread escalated quickly!

I cleaned it again for her and put weight on the corners it dried great!

She was very grateful and I was very humble about the whole experience... As she walked me to the door I also looked her dead in the eye and said

Matt Wood say F off your not getting your money back!
And skipped back to my van

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom