Cleaning and waxing painted concrete. HELP!

G

I just got a call from a carpet and flooring guy who wants to sub out to me cleaning and waxing of 5400 sq ft of painted concrete. He said it's just wide open space, no furniture, and actually pretty shiny and clean looking. He said I had like 30 minutes to get back to him. He also said he was going to add 10% to my cost for his cut.

What to charge? Any suggestions people?
Help a brother out?

Mike Draper

depends on how clean or dirty the concrete is. If it's fairly clean and you only have to use water, I would prolly charge .20 and go up from there.

G

GOOD LORD!!!

After 25 views an actual response! What d'ya know!

Thank you, Mike.

Name
Bruce
I think I would have to see it first. But maybe the retailer knows for sure you will get the job since he is willing to add on 10% for his cut.

G

I kept telling him i wanted to see it. He just kept telling me that it would be an awesome job for me because it wasn't really that dirty at all. He said it just needs to be lightly scrubbed and a coat of wax applied. He was gonna do it himself but decided that he didn't have the time. It's a building at a lumber yard that he built for someone that closed down after about 6-8 months after opening. I take it someone else is about to move in there.

minuteman

He will not let you see it first makes no $ence, and he will add 10% kind of norm for a contractor but he wants it waxed so it must have been waxed before so you can expect to have to strip off the old,... so bid high .40 too .55 'cause you never know till you see it.

G

Nothing holds me to this job, I can always walk away. He asked for a bid for light scrubbing and a coat of wax because, yes, it has a few coats on it already. That's what he asked for, that's what he'll get.

He told me he understands why I would want to see it first, but he was pressed for time. I know this guy and he wanted ME to get the job.

Name
Ron lippold
at .35 a foot you will have 1890 and probaly less than 350 in product if you use the good stuff and your time I would do it

Jay D

Name
Jay D
Sorry, a guy you know who calls you for a job is alot different then someone who just called out of the blue. :roll:

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
I would have posted earlier, but you put an hour limit on it, and i viewed it at the 2 hour mark.. I only followed directions! :roll: hope it all turned out!

G

LOL
yeah. He was happy with the quote I gave him.

Thanks any ways.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom