Cleaning really dirty commercial T&G...

Name
Jeff T
I got asked to bid on tile and grout in a pub. It hasn’t been properly cleaned ever. The tile is 25 years old. I was planning on using high ph, scrub with my 175, then my CRB, then rinse with a spinner. How would you go about it?

Name
Jeff T
BTW, why the animosity towards me regarding pricing? If you can’t price your work properly, why do you guys do this? If the nose pickin’, bum scratching fools haven’t figured it out yet, give up, and go work at McDonald’s........

Last edited:
Reactions: Bruce Humphrey
Name
Jeff T
I suppose it depends on the tile and grout lines but what is the crb going to do that the 175 wont have already done?
After I finish with the 175, I want the T&G to look as good as the carpet does. I do the carpet 3 times a year now, and want them to include the tile....I hammer the carpet with a specific Chem mix I’ve developed, and it looks almost new every time....I use my CRB, and scrub the shyte out of it, then hit it with 550 psi, force dry...

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
After I finish with the 175, I want the T&G to look as good as the carpet does. I do the carpet 3 times a year now, and want them to include the tile....I hammer the carpet with a specific Chem mix I’ve developed, and it looks almost new every time....I use my CRB, and scrub the shyte out of it, then hit it with 550 psi, force dry...
cool story.. what are you specifically trying to achieve with 2 different types of agitation? :headscratch: :biggrin:
20180419_111908.jpg

Name
Jeff T
cool story.. what are you specifically trying to achieve with 2 different types of agitation? :headscratch: :biggrin:
View attachment 84014
The ceramic tile isn’t smooth. It’s got ‘waves ‘ In it. I did a test patch approximately 3’ by 3’. I used my little Oreck orbiter with the tile brush. I let it dwell for 3-5 min, agitate, and mopped it up with a flat mop. It wasn’t perfect, but the level of grease and grime was unreal. I figure hit the film of grime with the 175 w/ black pad, then the nooks and grout lines with the CRB. Rinse with spinner, or Gecko wand..... that was my plan.

Last edited:
Name
Jeff T
View attachment 84014
The ceramic tile isn’t smooth. It’s got ‘waves ‘ In it. I did a test patch approximately 3’ by 3’. I used my little Oreck orbiter with the tile brush. I let it dwell for 3-5 min, agitate, and mopped it up with a flat mop. It wasn’t perfect, but the level of grease and grime was unreal. I figure hit the film of grime with the 175, then the nooks and grout lines with the CRB. Rinse with spinner, or Ge

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
If the crb will clean the grout lines then I can understand.
The pic I posted is a petrol station bathroom, presprayed with a neutral, 10 mins dwell while scrubbing with 175, rinsed with spinner and touched up the odd grout line with gecko

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
I'd be curious to see if the 175 (one more tool) is actually going to be beneficial. Do side by side with and without.
We often over think it and tend not to let the chemical, time and agitation do their magic.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
I'd be curious to see if the 175 (one more tool) is actually going to be beneficial. Do side by side with and without.
We often over think it and tend not to let the chemical, time and agitation do their magic.
Yep I agree, I'd tend to pick what form of agitation should provide the best results and go for it

Name
Jeff T
Sounds good.

What is the going rate for cruddy T&G?

$1.29 per square Foot?
I bid it at 1.50 sqft. I told him I’m going to have to go over it twice. The more I think about it, I might just use my Cimex. I’ve got some Uber aggressive pads. I think if I shower feed, then scrub the heck out of it, I might get away with one slow pass. Then use spinner, then Gecko for edges and bad spots.

Name
Matt Ross
I would try more time,swell time, then only one form ofagitation. If that doesn't do it then you can add the 175. If you had a tile brush for the 175 it would be more beneficial.

Back
Top Bottom