cleaning soapy carpet

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
DSC_0787.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

Asked to quote cleaning this carpet, olefin berber in a laundromat, lots of spilled soap
cleaned recently by a local budget cleaner, not really up to date on methods or chemistry

Gets lots of wick-back, the soap doesn't get rinsed out well enough to prevent reoccurring spots.
I was thinking to prespray with a defoamer then rinse
Possibly even to Cimex it after it dries.

Bob Foster

:p :p Good luck. They had the nice smiles but the "can you do better than that price" attitude.

I cleaned that place on Burnside at least two and a half years ago with JJ and rinsed the snot out of it. They told me the same thing about the budget cleaner that did it before me :lol: I told them, and they agreed, it really should be done every 6 months. Full of soap. They probably found someone cheaper to do it since I last did it. I think I charged them around 300 - sloooow rinse passes.

The reason there isn't VCT on the floor instead of the carpet is due to the slip fall liability. I suggested they put down a slate or quarry restaurant kitchen style floor.

Takes under 2 hours.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
if you charged 300 and they thought that was high, they aren't going to like my quote
just under 1000sf at 40cents, so with tax my quote is around 400.
Time Global apparently just cleaned recently.

would encap prevent a soap spot from reoccurring?

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Ron Werner said:
would encap prevent a soap spot from reoccurring?

Yes. Encap it is the only way to go on that one. You could quote .40 - steam with no guarantees, or .50 - encap with guarantee. Even if you cleaned encapped twice, you would still be ahead of the game. 8)

I would padcap that before/instead of the mex.

Name
Ron lippold
Ron I do a few day care centers, they mop the carpet with soapy water.

The only thing that works for this is to run downey in your rinse tank. 3gpm about a quart to 5 gallons.....

FLYERMAN

Supportive Member
Name
Ken Raddon
I second the rinsemaster.

When I run into the occasional soapy spot I sprinkle powdered Defoamer right on the spot but on a scale that large I would go with Rinsemaster.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
Yeah scrubbing in some SOAPy encap/SHAMPOO is gonna clean that.

What is wrong with people?

bahrahm

i would do strait hot steam(220 F minimum) water(a lot of water) with rx-20..if stains not come off then use carpet spotter. done it b4 ...encap is cheap service for that carpet IMO

GeneMiller

Name
gene miller
i'm with ron, downy will knock it right down . i would spray it with vacaway after and give it a scrub, can't hurt.

gene

Bob Foster

Did ya miss this??? I did it and it came out fine. Also prescrubbed it. They are just cheap. Expecting something for nothing. Let them wallow in soap suds or pay the man. FOOK'm.

Bob Foster said:
:p :p Good luck. They had the nice smiles but the "can you do better than that price" attitude.

I cleaned that place on Burnside at least two and a half years ago with JJ and rinsed the snot out of it. They told me the same thing about the budget cleaner that did it before me :lol: I told them, and they agreed, it really should be done every 6 months. Full of soap. They probably found someone cheaper to do it since I last did it. I think I charged them around 300 - sloooow rinse passes.

The reason there isn't VCT on the floor instead of the carpet is due to the slip fall liability. I suggested they put down a slate or quarry restaurant kitchen style floor.

Takes under 2 hours.

glenboy

Name
GLEN
call tom at Modernistic and get some powdered DEFOAMER,i used it on a custys 1 gallon woolite spill on her tan carpet and 3 yrs later no re occuring soap spot

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
every 2, and bob said 6....

whats a matter with you canooks??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

poor cheap bastards got caught between 2 guys who talk :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

busted shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin shiteatinggrin

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I even told him I had talked to Bob. That carpet tends to be a real pain to get looking really clean and keep it that way, esp in that environment. Bob cleaned it really well for him and but I think price was an issue, but when they start hiring the lower priced guys, they just mess it all up. The only way to keep the appearance WOULD be an encap/LM process, not a deep cleaning process. I even offered to incl an encap with the price once or twice to get the carpet up to standard, but then recommended the bimonthly cleaning to maintain the appearance that he was expecting.
His expectations of appearance and his expectations of what he was willing to pay didn't match.
I think he'll be happier with another flooring.

Jeremy

Name
Jeremy
After a good flushing with acid rinse I'd encap it to aid inbinding the residual surfactant and to prevent wicking which the old surfacant is sure to enable. O2 rinse and Snake Oil are probably going to be the heroes of the day... And you can post-vac to satisfy your OCD...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
that was the plan, thats what I was recommending
They don't want to spend the money.
I probably wouldn't prevac since I know what the result would be. IF I was first in there, yeah, prevacuuming would have helped a lot, but since some really budget cleaners have been in there that do half of what Bob or I would do, they've literally mucked it up.
Steam clean and encap chaser would have been a good solution.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah, sometimes people are like that...they can expect or think one thing.... and reality is another

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
A carpet protector afterwards instead of spraying some encrap/shampoo would work better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom