Cleaning the corners

starrett

What do you tile and grout boys use to clean the edges and corners with. The sx-12 leaves about an inch around the perimeter that is a pita if the tile is exceptionally scuzzy. Also use a gecco wand, but this is far from perfect, wiping out by hand still seems the best. Any suggestions?

I don't care for the 4" gecko at all. Mine's a dust collecter in my garage. I occasionally use my mytee counter spinner on edges and corners, and sometimes tilt the sx up a little, but that can be messy. Usually just do the hand wipe, and if the grout is bad, use a grout eraser. It works ok.

Name
Shawn Forsythe
gekko-corner-tool_ar54c_lg.jpg

Edge & Corner Attachment for the Gekko wand

hogjowl

Idiot™
If you don't clean up to the baseboard and in corners it always shows, but the dirt in those areas is normally not so severe to really require a full force spinner rinse. So, what I do is scrub those areas with my tile brush and then as I rinse with the spinner, I'll tilt up the edge to run some rinse water over those areas. This is usually enough to make those hard to reach areas clean up fine.

When, on occasion, I run into that stubborn area in a corner, I'll take a small wire brush and scrub it. That always takes care of it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom