Cleaning the myster spots!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Move the dining table and try to get that shadow from the light fixture too. Good reason to have a GOOD flashlight in your spotter bag.

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Yeah.. I got almost to the POG, before I said I need more light and opened the clost door.. (Good thing the customer wasn't looking it.. what made it worse is I had just finished reading up on a few people's shadow spots as well the day before.. Should have known better as everything else came out with the O2 :|

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Have had a customer complain about a streak in her dining room that you could only see in the evening.

Setup a time to inspect after sundown, it was the chandelier. She still did not believe it, until I moved the spot as I moved the chandelier. :roll:

-JB-

Name
JB
how bout them dang banisters on stair cases, and spindles, them things are always good for a "mysterious" spot.

and then there was the time years ago a funky dye spot appeared about an hour after I cleaned the family room carpet, turned out to be the sun bouncing off a mirror, onto the brass door of a pellet stove, on to the carpet, that one was just plain weird.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
same here.. did that whole moving the light thing.. it sucks..

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
We tried everything on a spot once under a pool table. Turned out to be the chalk hanging from a string on the other side of the table.

Spurling

Just got done cleaning a fam-rm and I put the hoses out the door and the lady says," Uhh you missed a spot ." I was thinking no way .. it looked like new .. so I went over by the window and sure enough it was a good size spot that wasnt there a minute ago .. Im looking around for a small animal cause it looked like a piss spot..

so I walked in between the spot and the large picture window and the spot disappeared .. I said to the lady it was a reflection of something on the window .. she looked at me like I was crazy and shook her head and said no , that must have come back up ..I think you should go over it one more time ..

so in front of her I point my finger near the window , creating a shadow,trying to meet up with the spot on the floor .. once my finger shadow meets the spot on the floor, I look real close at the window and I see a palm print .. almost invisible ..I said that print is creating a shadowy figure on the carpet ..

she still thought I was nuts .. she says hang on , I have some windex .. she had this look on her face like Ill show this carpet cleaner .. hes not gonna get outta this one .. she sprays the window and wipes it down ... the mystery spot is gone .. the look on her face was priceless ..

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
I always get good looks from customers when I start waving my hand or hands over my head trying to cause a shadow next to a "spot".

I am waiting for her to say, "do you have a question?" :lol:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom